Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scouting for Hoots - European Strikers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As some of you on here know, I suggested Leo Ulloa as a potential signing a good 12 months before he joined the club
I suggested Hemed, while he was still at Mallorca, a good 18 months+ before we got him.

Granted that was within a wider point concerning pillaging Spain for footballers as their economy had just collapsed.
But never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't bother looking in the French second division, the strikers are mainly 30 something journeymen, and the quality is shitehouse.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
If Atletico Madrid decide to buy a new striker to partner Griezmann up front next season, why not put in a season-long loan for Borja Baston? Scored a bucketload of goals for Eibar in La Liga as they finished 12th

Sent from the tearglands of Massive Wednesday fans

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Don't bother looking in the French second division, the strikers are mainly 30 something journeymen, and the quality is shitehouse.
Why not look at strikers from Germany's 2nd division? I think Joel Pohjanpalo (Fortuna Düsseldorf) can do a job here

Sent from the tearglands of Massive Wednesday fans

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If Atletico Madrid decide to buy a new striker to partner Griezmann up front next season, why not put in a season-long loan for Borja Baston? Scored a bucketload of goals for Eibar in La Liga as they finished 12th

Apparently Spurs and Valencia have both had scouts looking at him. Chances are that Atletico will want him playing at the Vicente Caldron next season, if not then it'll be a loan to club at a higher level than the Championship. Wouldn't be surprised if we got the Segunda equivalent though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here