Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scott Dann and Jason Puncheon: Crystal Palace duo out for rest of season

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Two bad injuries sustained by making fouls in which they were taking one for the team . I hope they recover well and that we’ll see them next season . I’m not surprised by some of these crass comments , in-line with the jeering when Glenn sustained the same injury at selhurst .

When you aim to foul another professional with no intention of playing within the rules, with a high potential to injure others, the. you put yourself in the firing line.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Two bad injuries sustained by making fouls in which they were taking one for the team . I hope they recover well and that we’ll see them next season . I’m not surprised by some of these crass comments , in-line with the jeering when Glenn sustained the same injury at selhurst .

F@@king hell you'll be saying Keane didn't try and finish players careers next, get over yourself both got justice with the assaults they carried out.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
When you aim to foul another professional with no intention of playing within the rules, with a high potential to injure others, the. you put yourself in the firing line.

Like propper against Bournemouth you mean . Even starting a thread on how good it was , hypocrites !

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Like propper against Bournemouth you mean . Even starting a thread on how good it was , hypocrites !

Propper was obstructed and the freekick should have gone his way but ho hum you believe what ever you want to snowflake

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I don't think we should be taking any moral high ground on this.....if one of ours snapped Dwayne Dibbly in half he'd be hailed as a hero (much like Henry Hughton at palace).

:shrug:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Who carries their players off these days.....St .Johns Ambulance...or the bailiffs ?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Propper was obstructed and the freekick should have gone his way but ho hum you believe what ever you want to snowflake

Are you having a laugh? The b'muff player shielded the ball, Once he turned Propper rolled out the judo throw and then a poor challenge from behind, Could have easily got 2 yellows.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you having a laugh? The b'muff player shielded the ball, Once he turned Propper rolled out the judo throw and then a poor challenge from behind, Could have easily got 2 yellows.

The B'muff player was nowhere near the ball and made no attempt to go towards it he obstructed Propper from getting near it

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

As someone who has had a serious knee injury ( I’m due for partial knee replacement in feb). I don’t like to see others suffer a similar injury. In the case of Dann, yes he was trying to bring down KdB however it doesnt look like he was trying to injure him. As far as I’m aware he isn’t known for being dirty.
Puncheon on their hand was (IMHO) trying to cause as much damage as possible! That tackle was horrific and how he didn’t do KdB ‘s PCL or ACL is down to fortune an nothing else.

Defensive of Dann I can understand, but how you can have any sympathy for puncheon is beyond me. I wish Dann a speedy recovery but puncheon can get scraped!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

:angel: Oh for Christ's sake man, just lighten up a bit and enjoy it.

Sorry if I am coming across as sanctimonious, but what specifically do I need to enjoy ? Maybe you should lighten up and not enjoy it?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just pointing it out . I expect nothing more from some on here

I was there when H. Hughton ended Gerry Ryan's career, and I remember the cheers and general gloating from a significant minority of your support, so, your seat on the moral high ground disappeared a long time ago.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
As someone who has had a serious knee injury ( I’m due for partial knee replacement in feb). I don’t like to see others suffer a similar injury. In the case of Dann, yes he was trying to bring down KdB however it doesnt look like he was trying to injure him. As far as I’m aware he isn’t known for being dirty.
Puncheon on their hand was (IMHO) trying to cause as much damage as possible! That tackle was horrific and how he didn’t do KdB ‘s PCL or ACL is down to fortune an nothing else.

Defensive of Dann I can understand, but how you can have any sympathy for puncheon is beyond me. I wish Dann a speedy recovery but puncheon can get scraped!

Could you explain how you know that Puncheon was trying to 'cause as much damage as possible'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here