Scotland v USA

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MORTY

Jan 9, 2007
Basingstoke
Got thumped 5-1. CMS didn't start. Came on with 8 minutes left and it was already 5-1 by then. The Jocks goal was an OG as well!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not seen anything about the game, so I may well be wildly wrong with my ill-informed opinions, but I wonder if Jockland will now be looking at their centre backs?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I've not seen anything about the game, so I may well be wildly wrong with my ill-informed opinions, but I wonder if Jockland will now be looking at their centre backs?
No, you're very much on the money. Greer is a better centre-back than Christophe Berra, and has been for quite a while now.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
It was as abject a performance from a team as I have seen in a long while. USA work rate was very good, closing down and harassing/hasselling at every opportunity. However, Scotland were so bad. Levein is out of the dour, unimaginative, boring as f**k school of management.
As for bringing on CMS with 8 mins to go, shame on him. CMS played pretty well and certainly had in 8 minutes more idea than Miller (apart format he header) had had in the previous 80!

I can't believe that the central defence they put out would have been any worse with Greer playing.

Luckily I didn't stay up for it. Was amusing light relief this morning on record.

TNBA

TTF

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Was looking for a report and saw on a site that CMS was given a rating of 6 for his 9+ mins whereas nobody else got higher than 5. Don't know anything else about the game though.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
It was as abject a performance from a team as I have seen in a long while. USA work rate was very good, closing down and harassing/hasselling at every opportunity. However, Scotland were so bad. Levein is out of the dour, unimaginative, boring as f**k school of management.
As for bringing on CMS with 8 mins to go, shame on him. CMS played pretty well and certainly had in 8 minutes more idea than Miller (apart format he header) had had in the previous 80!

I can't believe that the central defence they put out would have been any worse with Greer playing.

Luckily I didn't stay up for it. Was amusing light relief this morning on record.

TNBA

TTF

Would greer get in the Scotland team with playing for an unfashionable team in Barnsley?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would greer get in the Scotland team with playing for an unfashionable team in Barnsley?
He'd obviously have more chance than if he stayed at a tin pot club like ours.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Disappointed to only see 8 mins of CMS but I thought he put more into that time than most of his team mates did in 90. Scotland seem to be talking up how hot it was (which was very) to partially explain their woeful performance. Good effort from the Scotland fans who turned out in numbers. Crowd was over 44,000 meaning that Jax is likely to get more USA games in the future which is good news for me. USA were pretty good to be fair. Bradley especially played very well but difficult to judge just how good they are against opposition this poor.

Dec 29, 2011
In fairness I see USA becoming a good force in world football in about twenty years time. The hype is starting to get big over there, and with a population of 300Million they will be very good in the future (annoyingly).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Got thumped 5-1. CMS didn't start. Came on with 8 minutes left and it was already 5-1 by then. The Jocks goal was an OG as well!

I laughed like mad when I saw that result. I bet he wishes he had pushed for a Team GB spot now - it was always his best chance of playing with England's finest.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
In fairness I see USA becoming a good force in world football in about twenty years time. The hype is starting to get big over there, and with a population of 300Million they will be very good in the future (annoyingly).

that's only going to happen if the chinese don't take to football...

The collegiate and draft system will mean that the USA will never produce the same talent as nations which put the importance in playing football over education. Until they get a proper academies dedicated to getting kids playing soccer from a very young age, they won't be a massive force in football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports