Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scoring in consecutive games........what's the record?

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
CMS has now scored in 4 consecutive games. What's the record for a BHA player?

I seem to remember Zamora scoring in 7 or 8 consecutive games? Am i correct?

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Zamora scored in ten consecutively, if my memory serves, up until Christmas one season, then we went to QPR on Boxing Day, and it finished nil each. So the record would still be ten :smile:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Wasn't Defoe at Bournmouth about the same time Bobby was on his scoring run for us, think Defoe scored in about 11 games on the trott

I thought it was Rooney at Man Utd. The media were wetting themselves over him doing 7 games or something, at the exact same time Bobby was reaching double figures.

But my memory is hazy at best.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Both Bobby Z & Defoe scored in exactly 10 consecutive 3rd tier league games & both went on to become England centre forwards

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Both Bobby Z & Defoe scored in exactly 10 consecutive 3rd tier league games & both went on to become England centre forwards

Not quite right. Both runs came in when playing in the third tier. Bobby's run was 10 games including 1 cup game, but were consecutive matches (we played some FL Trophy games in the run but Bobby wasn't selected). Defoe's run was purely league games, he failed to score in a Football League Trophy game in the middle of the run.

Bobby Zamora's run started against Notts County on 23rd Oct 2001 in a 2-2 draw and his last goal in the run Friday 21st December 2001 in a 2-2 draw against Chesterfield. Bobby scored a single goal in each of the 10 games.

Defoe scored 13 goals over 11 consecutive League games for Bournemouth starting with their 2-1 loss to Stoke on 28th Oct 2000 going through to Tuesday 23rd Jan 2001 when he scored against Cambridge in a 2-0 win.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The following season, he (Defoe) joined Second Division club Bournemouth on a near season-long loan, where he scored in ten consecutive games, equalling John Aldridge's and Clarrie Jordan's post-war record

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
The following season, he (Defoe) joined Second Division club Bournemouth on a near season-long loan, where he scored in ten consecutive games, equalling John Aldridge's and Clarrie Jordan's post-war record

You are correct, i didn't see that one of the 11 games was actually an FA Cup game.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
More to the point, what is the record for NOT scoring in consecutive games (especially the first choice "target man")?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Graham Barrett must have set some sort of record for not scoring when playing for us.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Not quite right. Both runs came in when playing in the third tier. Bobby's run was 10 games including 1 cup game, but were consecutive matches (we played some FL Trophy games in the run but Bobby wasn't selected). Defoe's run was purely league games, he failed to score in a Football League Trophy game in the middle of the run.

Bobby Zamora's run started against Notts County on 23rd Oct 2001 in a 2-2 draw and his last goal in the run Friday 21st December 2001 in a 2-2 draw against Chesterfield. Bobby scored a single goal in each of the 10 games.

Defoe scored 13 goals over 11 consecutive League games for Bournemouth starting with their 2-1 loss to Stoke on 28th Oct 2000 going through to Tuesday 23rd Jan 2001 when he scored against Cambridge in a 2-0 win.

Just looked in the Rothmans, and it was eight league games and two FA Cup games, as we played in rounds one and two :thumbsup:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
CMS has now scored in 4 consecutive games. What's the record for a BHA player?

I seem to remember Zamora scoring in 7 or 8 consecutive games? Am i correct?

Ask Johnny Byrne on the radio. He scored in four consecutive games for the Albion. Not any more though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here