Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scientology

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It is possible but if it were hardwired than surely the stories told by different cultures would be more alike. We have had around 50,000 religious groups throughout history with a wide range of ideas. Assuming that god had done the hardwiring then it is strange that it included so many version of itself (something like 2,000 different gods over the years). Moves in mysterious ways i suppose?

Interepretations will differ. If it's only an awareness of something higher in being then it's down to the individual to interpret it.

In a modern day setting a persons awareness of their surroundings will differ from someone 2000 years ago. The differences are the evolution of the interpretation.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Interepretations will differ. If it's only an awareness of something higher in being then it's down to the individual to interpret it.

In a modern day setting a persons awareness of their surroundings will differ from someone 2000 years ago. The differences are the evolution of the interpretation.

So the question is why would an all powerful omnipotent super being hard wire its chosen species with only a vague notion of its existence?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I challenge that my clear thinking is a not a religion. It is through my clear thinking that I gain perspective on the real world. I don't fall for what are obviously false religions and I am grateful that many on this message board are not followers of the false religions. I encourage everyone on this board to find a group of Scientologists and have an audit done on the engrams of your life. It is unbelievably a true enlightenment and leads to ever clearer thinking.

Years ago they did one on me after I was approached in the street by an attractive lady.

Filled in some psychometric test type of questionaire. Then after waiting around for what seemed like an eternity, I was talked to one on one by the woman who'd approached me on the street. She was some sort of counselor, told me she was concerned that I was depressed, as a result of failed relationships.
Couldn't wait to get out of the place, felt I was just being manipulated.

Mentioned it to a woman at work a couple of weeks later she said, "oh they did one on me as well, they said I was suicidal"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This is nothing to make light of. I'm a Scientologist.

I've gotten greater enlightenment through Dr. Hubbard's proven methods. He is truly a genius.

120px-Scientology_Symbol_Logo.png
Aren't you the poster who, under a previous username, pretended to be a police officer as well?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Years ago they did one on me after I was approached in the street by an attractive lady.

Filled in some psychometric test type of questionaire. Then after waiting around for what seemed like an eternity, I was talked to one on one by the woman who'd approached me on the street. She was some sort of counselor, told me she was concerned that I was depressed, as a result of failed relationships.
Couldn't wait to get out of the place, felt I was just being manipulated.

Mentioned it to a woman at work a couple of weeks later she said, "oh they did one on me as well, they said I was suicidal"

Think they still do this outside Churchill Square?

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Think they still do this outside Churchill Square?

They're obviously very global. It happened to me in Sydney and it happened to the woman at work in Auckland.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

He used to post as AlbionPics&SouthCoastTwit (or something like that), under which persona he claimed to be a British police officer living in Chicago on an exchange programme.

I think he's just one of those general wind-up merchants.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
He did. Not long after that Scientology popped up. I went for nearly a year about 16 years ago. I don't know if everything that is said about them is true, but I don't think they are a very nice and totally honest group thats for sure.

Potentially the most interesting post on here, completely ignored in favour of some pointless debate about 'love' or whatever it was.

I have to go to Saint Hill very often, they are one of my biggest customers.

Not once in 7 years have they ever tried to push Scientology on me.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Years ago I helped my brothers flooring company on a contract up there and in the two weeks we were there wasn't I single moment that the religion was mentioned, seemed alright to me. What business are you in?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Saint Hill Bod: "YOU are Thetan 6"
Hillian: "I am not a number I am a free man!"
Saint Hill Bod: "We want INFORMATION!"
Hillian: "Well you won't get it"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I used to work a couple of properties up from the E. Grinsted place and there were often some dazed and confused looking people wondering around in the evenings. Also strayed onto their grounds a few times for a few different reason and was told in no uncertain terms to leave by some huge tough looking security types.

I used to work a couple of properties up from the E. Grinsted place and there were often some dazed and confused looking people wondering around in the evenings. Also strayed onto their grounds a few times for a few different reason and was told in no uncertain terms to leave by some huge tough looking security types.

I've never seen one security bloke up there, unless you consider the little old bloke who sits in the gatehouse as security.

In case anyone is interested, there really is a castle there.
And here's a random fact, Scientology's working week starts at 2pm on a Thursday and ends at 1.59pm the next Thursday.

And right next to Saint Hill is one of the Crystal Palace academy sites.

Last edited:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Or we were originally hardwired to be aware of something else outside of our own plane of existence.

How else could something be so wide spread and not present in any other species on the planet?

Because we, as animals, are 'hardwired' to fear and live everyday with anxiety, and as humans we have an intelligence much greater than other animals such that one of our fears is one of our own death.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Every once in a while, this board truly amazes me. From Scientology to ants in silver boobs tubes. Bravo :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here