Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scholes replacement?

Who to replace Scholes for Switzerland game?

• Ashley Cole (Bridge at Left Back)

Votes: 10 22.7%
  • Wayne Bridge (A Cole at Left Back)

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Phil Neville

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Keiron Dyer

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Owen Hargreaves

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Joe Cole

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Emile Heskey

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'd go for Hargreaves too, although from the list I'd play Bridge as he's easily the best left footed crosser in the squad.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
sven has hinted that hargreaves will start. personally i think that makes sense as he apparently wins ALL the fitness tests in the england team by a mile and will probably drop back slightly allowing gerrard and lamard to go forth and tear the swiss apart!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I'd go for Hargreaves personally. Joe Cole has shown nothing to suggest that he should start, in the Iceland game he did his cause more harm than good.
I used to like the idea of playing one of the left backs on the wing but not any more so that rules that out.
Phil Neville is a SPAZ and should never be allowed to pull on an England shirt again.
Heskey is a striker.
Keiron Dyer has not played a good game for England for a long time but I reckon he could play in the hole but not on the left.

So that leaves Hargreaves.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd pick Hargreaves but I reckon that Sven will pull a mean trick and go for Heskey...he seems to be his sole fan in England.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Hargreaves

fit, strong, god tackler, good with a dead ball, good shot on him, doesnt get booked every game for slicing players up in the air :eek:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
the more i think of it the more I want Cole & Bridge doing some sort of overlapping routine down the left flank, both covering each other in attack and defence. Little one-twos with bridge knocking in the final cross...and his crosses are superb at times. Face it we wont need a holding player against the swiss, it should be all out attack and having these two running the left flank is ideal for rooney and own IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here