[Albion] Schelotto

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

el punal

He has an international cap for Italy, I'd rather listen to experts than read the shite on here.

Ah yes. But there's good shite and bad shite. I'm an expert on shite but the problem is I can't tell which is good and which is bad, hence the reason why I post on here. So in conclusion I suppose I'm a happy shite sort of person. :drink:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I do agree, but defensively he worries me, I actually think he would be a better 'right half' than a right-back. When Duffy came out to close one their players down after Schelotto was beaten, he didn't have the nous to cover Duffy's position which was worrying, and then wasn't giving Knockaert any instruction when he had a player coming from behind him at a throw in. May seem a bit pedantic, but that should be a natural thing to do, but a season covering/learning from Bruno and working with Hughton, he is no doubt going to be a valuable signing going forward.

Hope he doesn't learn to run away from wingers like Bruno

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Genuinely surprised it isn’t generally accepted that scheletto was very good today.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Sorry I was bored :laugh:

Yep, another negative post but a deserved one.

Possibly one of the most abject individual performance I’ve seen from a Brighton player in circa 24 years, and given the absolute dross we’ve been served up over the years that is some achievement.

Never mind not looking Premier League standard, he doesn’t even look good enough for League One.

I recall a certain Graeme Souness being conned into signing ‘the next George Weah’ in the mid nineties and I’m starting to seriously think the same fate has befallen Chrissy Hughton.

Rarely does Hughton haul players off at HT (unless injured) and on today’s viewing I’ll be very surprised if we see Schelotto against this season.

Woeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst I understand he wasn't being played in his natural position today but he lacked basic footballing abilities. He couldn't pass, was powderpuff when making a tackle, didn't track back, put in little effort and whenever he went up for a header he seemed more interested in the opposition player next to him than winning the ball. Looked so out of his depth it was unreal. Towards the end of the second half it was like a kids match where nobody wants to pass to the fat mid.

The only buy of the summer that is nowhere near standard for me and after today wouldn't be disappointed if he never wore the colours again.

He couldn't tackle, pass or track back. Those traits are not mutually exclusive when playing as a right back. He was ****ing awful and I would rather we give a youngster an opportunity.

So very very bad.

If you were watching overseas you got to hear the commentators say after 30 minutes that they would be very surprised if he came out for the second half. And even Andy Naylor had a go on twitter at half time.

Would be very surprised if we saw him again this season. Rosenior doesn't look Premier League Ready, but looks three times as good as Schelotto.

I thought he was utterly toilet for the first 10 minutes but grew into the game. I think [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] agreed with that view at the time.

Looked absolutely awful on the stream I watched tonight in his natural position.

Yes, he is absolutely awful

On tonight's showing he reminded me a bit of Peter Smith - without the technical ability.

No good, didn't look interested, gives the ball away too much.

Doesn’t look like a footballer, doesn’t play like a footballer.

Would be more at home at the Tate Gallery.

If he’s a footballer then I’m an astronaut.

*I’m not an astronaut.

He looked like he had just woken up in the first half. I was more in the game and I was in the stand!

Seems to have little footballing intelligence that is partially covered by good pace. Looks totally out of his depth defensively and has the composure of a three year old left alone with a tub of ice cream. Looks a very poor buy at the moment but will happily be proven wrong.

Sat in home end, he made the spurs fans laugh fairly frequently and was identified as “shite”.

It’s not about effort, whats being discussed is his ability to play at this level and the answer is no sadly. All you’re saying is we have two players unable to cope....hows that improve morale round here?!

Had a couple of spells of flair, rest of the time a liability

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Technically he is so so poor. Having been to Huddersfield Saturday and Wembo tonight I cannot for the life of me understand what Hughton is playing at.

Honestly believe you could put a League Two footballer at LB for us and he’d look more comfortable than Schelotto.

He is so far out of his depth it’s unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he was awful, may have done the odd decent thing but woeful in the main, can't instill any confidence in his teammates.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thats the spirit everyone :)

God some of you are so so crap at this football analysis thing :lolol:

Absolutely totally this. Numpty Albion "fans" desperate to put the boot into new players do my head in. There are so many examples of Albion players having shaky starts and turning out fine it's untrue. Even looking back at the start of this season people were writing off Ryan and Propper amongst others when it was obvious it would take some time for then to get up to speed in the PL. The same has happened here - Schelotto has had a bit of a shaky start (although i thought he looked fine at Bournemouth and when he's come on as sub) but surprise surprise grew into the game yesterday as his confidence and PL experience increased. But much more fun to write off a new Albion player - cos that helps.

I am getting used to finding I have watched a totally different player to half of NSC. I’ll throw my hat in the ring and say he’ll be a good player for us. To make a firm call that a player is shite after less than three full games in 4 months is a new country with a new team is harsh in the extreme. I have seen enough to think he might well become a cult figure, so suck that one up and feel free to bounce the thread after he has played at least 10 games :smile:

I am more worried about the way Stephens has lost confidence, maybe he’ll get a rest now Kayal is back as he set up a few Spurs attacks with his wayward passing and looks a shadow of the player he can be.

I have never slated our players But him he's terrible all hair and no flair

Last night he was very poor and to me looks like a waste of money, bet then again I said the same about Ryan and was completely off the mark there.

Has an Italian defender ever done well in the Premier League ?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
And a couple from half time TODAY:

"Schelotto must be a competition winner or something. There is no way on earth he is a professional footballer. I genuinely have a better first touch than him, and my highest level is West Sussex football League Division 5 South (ie shit)."
and
"I’d like to hear who you think is technically worse in the Amex era? His first touch is appalling. I can’t think of one cross he’s made that has gone within five metres of an Albion player in the box."

Comments about today's man of the match :lolol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And a couple from half time TODAY:

"Schelotto must be a competition winner or something. There is no way on earth he is a professional footballer. I genuinely have a better first touch than him, and my highest level is West Sussex football League Division 5 South (ie shit)."
and
"I’d like to hear who you think is technically worse in the Amex era? His first touch is appalling. I can’t think of one cross he’s made that has gone within five metres of an Albion player in the box."

Comments about today's man of the match :lolol:

And your post sir, was one I put in to show them numpty's up :wink:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I read the posts re Schelotto on various threads with a certain degree of disbelief ! So many prejudiced views on a guy who didn't have a pre season with us, arrived unfit to some degree, was routinely played out of position and was seldom given any 'slack' by the burgers of NSC.
He has become better and better, perhaps not fully up to speed yet, but face it, we reasonably urgently need a replacement for Bruno who has performed wonderfully well for us ( one of my replica shirts ) but seriously is becoming less able to cope at this level and Schelotto looks like he can step up and do the job.
For those of you who don't already do so, time to give Ezequiel (spelling ? ) some support as he is probably going to be the future for some time to come !

Last edited:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I read the posts re Schelotto on various threads with a certain degree of disbelief ! So many prejudiced views on a guy who didn't have a pre season with us, arrived unfit to some degree, was routinely played out of position and was seldom given any 'slack' by the burgers of NSC.
He has become better and better, perhaps not fully up to speed yet, but face it, we reasonably urgently need a replacement for Bruno who has performed wonderfully well for us ( one of my replica shirts ) but seriously is becoming less able to cope at this level and Schelotto looks like he can step up and do the job.
For those of you who don't already do so, time to give Ezequiel (spelling) some support as he is probably going to be the future for some time to come !

I absolutely admit to being a little less than happy with Jose, probably for his sulky scoring celebration, but I did say be more worried about our record signing than Schelotto. I will now climb down from that remark as Jose is definitely showing something and he looks to be fighting for the cause.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
For those of you who don't already do so, time to give Ezequiel (spelling) some support as he is probably going to be the future for some time to come !
And possibly take over Bruno's position of local hero/legend/captain/heartthrob ect ect

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
My point exactly. And branded an idiot by someone that wasn’t even at the game but doesn’t accept the opinion of those that were!

You see more in detail of a match on TV than attending a game recording also gives an opportunity to watch certain periods over and over again and of course you dont have anybody standing up blocking your view

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports