Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schalke

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When I set up a one-man business I spent £15,000 on computer equipment. It wasn't extravagant because I had to have the best at the time and it was a tool of my trade. Tony Bloom's business plan for the Premier League similarly demands the purchase of some very expensive assets. That's not extravagant either - it's an investment like any other.

So whilst I hope the squad makes a serious offer to the club my decision not to ask for my money back doesn't depend on it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would not say no to credit for the club shop rather than a refund. Could spend the money on the shirts for next season for example.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I agree in principle with paying for football i'm not seeing. The loss we're going to make should be shared fairly around TB, the players etc and the fans

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Albion have already said that tickets will be refunded in the form of reductions on DD payments for next season.

The problem with that approach is there seems very little chance of us being able to see games at the Amex for much, if any, of next season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The Albion have already said that tickets will be refunded in the form of reductions on DD payments for next season.

If we were in league one and playing at withdean, sure - i would waive my refund. But we are a premier league club that turns over millions each season, so it would be a more difficult decision.

How would that work for people who gave up their season ticket ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I do agree, in part. But whatever they do, at player level, they still manage to spoil it. Why does their pay have to be deferred? Why is Brighton's player fund not transparent on what they've done, it just all feels like window dressing. People earning very little are working for others to help them for no reward, people are risking their lives for job that pay annually half of what the average Premier League player earns in a f***ing week! I really can't see me accepting this morally bankrupt attitude.

I think it'a a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't...

If they revealed how much they'd given, regardless of how much it is, there would be some who would say "Is that all? They're on a gazillion pounds per week, and that's all they can spare!?!"

It may well be that the amounts are voluntary/down to personal choice, in which case those who gave less would also get more stick, even if they are relatively junior/lesser-paid members of the squad.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Why look to the fans, many/most of who are everyday working people, to pay? What about the players? I can't imagine it's more than 3 or 4 weeks of their pay and I doubt any of them will be facing much hardship

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think it'a a case of damned if they do, damned if they don't...

If they revealed how much they'd given, regardless of how much it is, there would be some who would say "Is that all? They're on a gazillion pounds per week, and that's all they can spare!?!"

It may well be that the amounts are voluntary/down to personal choice, in which case those who gave less would also get more stick, even if they are relatively junior/lesser-paid members of the squad.

It's a good point and I don't doubt there would still be criticism, but I just feel the whole exercise has been shambolic from start to finish (or rather to now, this will run and run!)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The club should offer a credit against future season ticket purchases pro rata of games not allowed to attend, and ****ing refund my Norwich tickets as even I know the game will never played with a crowd in attendance.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I see Schalke have written to ST holders asking if they would be prepared to waive refunds due to them for remaining games they cant attend. How would you react to a similar request from Albion ?
I'd tell the club they can keep the money.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...nnounce-three-month-payment-holiday-for-fans/

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro-rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 20/21 season.

So, for our same north stand season-ticket holder who paid £535 for his ticket in 2019/20 season, five games accounts for £140.79 of the season-ticket value. Meaning the sums would break down like this:

April: £45.49
(Normal monthly payment for £545 season ticket price)

May to July: £0.00
August to March: £44.84 per month
£545 - £45.49 - £140.79 = £358.72
£358.72 = £44.84 (8 x monthly payments)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...nnounce-three-month-payment-holiday-for-fans/

In the event that it is confirmed before August that you will be unable to see the remainder of the 2019/20 matches at the Amex, you will be given a pro-rata refund off the monthly season ticket payments for the 20/21 season.

So, for our same north stand season-ticket holder who paid £535 for his ticket in 2019/20 season, five games accounts for £140.79 of the season-ticket value. Meaning the sums would break down like this:

Fair enough however what if you have already paid up front for 20/21

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can't really afford to give money away with nothing in return at the moment given the loss of income to the household so wouldn't waive a refund but like [MENTION=4400]blockhseagull[/MENTION] suggested I've be open to some sort of future discount/free shirt in a couple of seasons/food voucher for future matches or something instead of a refund

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Schalke is one of the poorest towns of Germany. Went there for a game and jesus like walking into a drug addict centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Can't really afford to give money away with nothing in return at the moment given the loss of income to the household so wouldn't waive a refund but like [MENTION=4400]blockhseagull[/MENTION] suggested I've be open to some sort of future discount/free shirt in a couple of seasons/food voucher for future matches or something instead of a refund

To be fair that was my thoughts when I said an incentive .... as in money back but spent at the club.

If the games are played behind closed doors so they can still grab the TV cash then I want the ££££ back

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

If you let the club know by 16th April ?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
On basis return to ST holders in region of £4/5m and players wages £50/60m plus no doubt the cost of refunds should be come from latter Pretty poor show if it doesnt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here