Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sbobet Betting Con?

seagullk

Oct 12, 2011
I was at Upton Park yesterday and decided to have a bet at the Sbobet Betting Office on the concourse. Luckily I won (which was the only highlight on a very disappointing day) and went to collect my winnings after the match only to find it shut. I spoke to the stewards who said you can only get your winnings on line or by post and that there were big signs everywhere confirming this (they were tsking the **** of course at there were none!) ok this info is on the back of your betting slip but, you have already bought the bet by then so no wonder this is now advertised anywhere as n0body would bet with them. Have tried to collect on line and had to set up an online account which I did not want to do and am now being told I will have to wait another 1-2 working days before I will know the outcome of my claim! Anyone else get CONNED yesterday?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
I was at Upton Park yesterday and decided to have a bet at the Sbobet Betting Office on the concourse. Luckily I won (which was the only highlight on a very disappointing day) and went to collect my winnings after the match only to find it shut. I spoke to the stewards who said you can only get your winnings on line or by post and that there were big signs everywhere confirming this (they were tsking the **** of course at there were none!) ok this info is on the back of your betting slip but, you have already bought the bet by then so no wonder this is now advertised anywhere as n0body would bet with them. Have tried to collect on line and had to set up an online account which I did not want to do and am now being told I will have to wait another 1-2 working days before I will know the outcome of my claim! Anyone else get CONNED yesterday?

I don't understand how this is a con, crap service but con no, it will become a con if you don't get paid or am i missing something?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Bit annoying that it wasn't clearer\you didn't read it properly but no evidence of a con as far as I can see.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Sounds like a canny (albeit a little cheeky) piece of promotional marketing to me.

But a con? Not really.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Seeing as we lost 6 0 I'd be interested to know what bet you made , can only imagine you had vaz te for first goalscorer personally I could never watch a Brighton game wanting the other team to score first just to win a tenner

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Seeing as we lost 6 0 I'd be interested to know what bet you made , can only imagine you had vaz te for first goalscorer personally I could never watch a Brighton game wanting the other team to score first just to win a tenner

Really? I always bet against Brighton when we are playing the big teams away. Certain banker! Win/win whatever the outcome.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
That is a con. You have to pay more (to access the internet or for a stamp) just to claim your winnings that you won fair and square. I shall make sure I never use them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Really? I always bet against Brighton when we are playing the big teams away. Certain banker! Win/win whatever the outcome.

Sorry but I just don't get it wanting the other team to score a goal to win a few quid and a possible deafeat to win a few quid when you've travelled away to watch the Albion hopefully get a win

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Sorry but I just don't get it wanting the other team to score a goal to win a few quid and a possible deafeat to win a few quid when you've travelled away to watch the Albion hopefully get a win

I don't WANT the other team to win or score, it's just fall back to compensate a Albion loss.

seagullk

Oct 12, 2011
Actually, I would NEVER bet against my beloved BHA! The bet was for £10 for EITHER team to score in the first 10 mins and so I won £40. Ok, maybe it was a big strong of me to say it was a CON but that was how it felt to me, odds on the outcome will not be my getting paid out at all, more likely for this dodgy online Asian company to pay me out only on the understanding I use the £40 on additional bets through Sbobet. That will deffo result in my passing it on to Trading Standards, no wonder I never normally bet, never will again .........

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I only bet with the big firms like William Hill, Ladbrokes, Corals, Betfred and Paddy Power. I'm not surprised some tinpot bookie like sbobet pulled a dirty trick. What bastards.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Actually, I would NEVER bet against my beloved BHA! The bet was for £10 for EITHER team to score in the first 10 mins and so I won £40. Ok, maybe it was a big strong of me to say it was a CON but that was how it felt to me, odds on the outcome will not be my getting paid out at all, more likely for this dodgy online Asian company to pay me out only on the understanding I use the £40 on additional bets through Sbobet. That will deffo result in my passing it on to Trading Standards, no wonder I never normally bet, never will again .........

had he same with a cricket bet at the oval.
did it by post, got a cheque the same week, happy days!!

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Ya can slate sbobet but before the Dildo Daves saved west ham, they actually brought west ham a player can't say I know many sponsor that will not only pay to have there names on a shirt, but then dip into there pocket to buy a club a player.

It's not a con also, is there not a shop up the road where ya could have claimed to bet, I'm sure there used to be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here