say what you like about Pompey. . .

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
their fans would never support their team as poorly as we did before the first goal today. Being outsung by 40 yeovil fans fifty yards from the pitch on our own ground, after last weeks win, and top of the league, was unforgiveable.
A fella in F block tried to get something going, but people just looked at him as if he was mad. And as for those cardboard cut-outs in the north stand . . .

God only knows what Gus makes of it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
:fishing:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Didn't help today with the overflow from the kids stand. In J block I was surrounded by old people and kids with their mums, the atmosphere's never going to happen in that environment.

Roll on falmer, roll on larger family stand, roll on stand for old people.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
that a crock, I was in the family stand today, and we were all singing and having a great time

Sad to say, couldn't hear you at all in G block south stand. Shocking support today, by any standards. And still heard a few moaners FFS!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There seems to be something about the acoustics of withdean that make sound travel from the away end more than any other. I've sat opposite the press section (across the pitch) and listening to the game on my radio heard some singing and cheering through the radio that I couldn't hear at withdean, showing how poorly the noise travels across the pitch.

Last edited:

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
The north stand has even got a bit of a roof though. Yet I've never heard a squeak from over there for years, even though we're top of the league and playing decent football. Strange bunch - or are they really cut-outs? If so, they look almost life-like from where I sit.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Didn't help today with the overflow from the kids stand. In J block I was surrounded by old people and kids with their mums, the atmosphere's never going to happen in that environment.

Roll on falmer, roll on larger family stand, roll on stand for old people.

this

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
The north stand has even got a bit of a roof though. Yet I've never heard a squeak from over there for years, even though we're top of the league and playing decent football. Strange bunch - or are they really cut-outs? If so, they look almost life-like from where I sit.

heard them a little while ago against carlisle I think, when Slade was still manager, I think someone must have dropped the packet of Bourbons from marks and spencers :lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The north stand has even got a bit of a roof though. Yet I've never heard a squeak from over there for years, even though we're top of the league and playing decent football. Strange bunch - or are they really cut-outs?

Rumours persist that the club cut the mural of Albion fans from the West Stand at the Goldstone and pasted it into the North Stand at Withdean.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Rumours persist that the club cut the mural of Albion fans from the West Stand at the Goldstone and pasted it into the North Stand at Withdean.

If Carlsberg did Subbuteo stands... :wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sat at the front of H block, there werea lot of people who I hadn't been before and certainly they have no idea how to get behind the team.

I think we are just going to have to put up with this until we get to Falmer ( and I sincerely hope the atmosphere will be better)

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
But some north-standers move at half-time - maybe they go off to re-charge their life-support machines?

Last edited:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What a load of bollocks. Sat in the north stand today for a change and you could hear the noise from the south stand booming around the ground.

The home fans gets such a bad rap on here and its so unfair. I can't abide it. Its the whole "if you don't go away you're not a proper fan". Well, sod off.

I'm a home fan, because I can't afford to be an away fan these days. But I go to every home game. I cheer, I shout, I berate the ref, I praise Gus and I applaud the way we play football.

We're not all sitting down quietly moaning about passing the ball around the back so please don't tar us all with your miserable brush.

Rant over.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
What a load of bollocks. Sat in the north stand today for a change and you could hear the noise from the south stand booming around the ground.

The home fans gets such a bad rap on here and its so unfair. I can't abide it. Its the whole "if you don't go away you're not a proper fan". Well, sod off.

I'm a home fan, because I can't afford to be an away fan these days. But I go to every home game. I cheer, I shout, I berate the ref, I praise Gus and I applaud the way we play football.

We're not all sitting down quietly moaning about passing the ball around the back so please don't tar us all with your miserable brush.

Rant over.

That is a quality rant.

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE

Rant over.

Sorry, but before we scored there was no noise at all 'booming around the ground'. I was in the South and you could've heard a mouse fart. Sad but true.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Sorry, but before we scored there was no noise at all 'booming around the ground'. I was in the South and you could've heard a mouse fart. Sad but true.

Trust me, my season ticket is in the South Stand and it always sounds quiet but from the North Stand it was really loud. And I barely heard the Yeovil fans all game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports