Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sausages! What's your favourite?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I like a merguez in pitta bread with tsatziki dressing and salad. Unfortunately meguez are not widely available.

Except in supermarkets, butchers, Brighton Sausage Company etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have been telling my wife I should buy a mincer/sausage machine on e bay and make my own but she says the cost is not worth it for the number we buy. OT shr says the same with a pasta machine.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I have been telling my wife I should buy a mincer/sausage machine on e bay and make my own but she says the cost is not worth it for the number we buy. OT shr says the same with a pasta machine.

Sausage machine require many ingredients to make a sausages.

Pasta machines don't require many ingredients to make pasta, and those you do use are quite cheap. Fresh pasta for two should set you back about 50p's worth of ingredients.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Is that the one in The Strand as sister in law lives off Thr Boulevard and swears by that butchers meat and sausages.

That's the one. I had a pasta machine but found that the difference between homemade and shop bought fresh pasta didn't justify the hassle (unless you're trying to impress your mates !)

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
As a teenager, our family used to spend the summer in France, The street markets we used to be able to buy merguez made wth horse meat. They were amazing when you fry them. Lots of very spicy fat was great mopped up from the bottom the pan with French baguette.

Also love Chinese wind sausage. Delicious steamed and then cut up into small pieces on top of rice.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
As a teenager, our family used to spend the summer in France, The street markets we used to be able to buy merguez made wth horse meat. They were amazing when you fry them. Lots of very spicy fat was great mopped up from the bottom the pan with French baguette.

Also love Chinese wind sausage. Delicious steamed and then cut up into small pieces on top of rice.

I heard that sausage would put a gallop in your step but you might get the trots too.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was going to recommend this one ! Knights , wins a lot of awards.

Is this the bloke who used to have the stall outside Hassocks Garden Centre on a weekend morning?

If it is then I work with his son. I buy my sausages from him. And they are AMAZING.

Haven't seen his stall at the garden centre for a while but to be honest I haven't been there for quite a while.

For the world cup a couple of year ago he did a whole new range inspired by teams in it. The Paraguayan and Chilean themed ones were out of this world and quite frankly stunning.

That bloke really knows his stuff.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this the bloke who used to have the stall outside Hassocks Garden Centre on a weekend morning?

If it is then I work with his son. I buy my sausages from him. And they are AMAZING.

That bloke really knows his stuff.

I thought that chap came from Burgess Hill as he used The Cricketers when we ran it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Caughtrys in Pulborough, his standard sausages are superb, chipolatas pretty good too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here