Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saudi Players Ignore minutes silence

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Sad to think that nations like this are the ones our lovely old country will have to cuddle up to in our post-Brexit world. Expect not a breath of criticism from the blessed Theresa.

Where have you been all these years? We've been "cuddl[ing] up" to Saudi ever since I can remember. Brexit changes bugger all on that particular front, but then I expect you already knew that.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If a Saudi team came to Wembley and the team prayed to Mecca on the pitch pre match due to some tragedy in the Middle East would our players join in? :smile:

If we were playing in Mecca you'd hope we'd show respect. At Wembley it wouldn't happen

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
we have to keep our weapons industry that employs thousands gainfully employed and Saudi are one of the main contributors. My mate works for British Aerospace in Broughton North Wales and they have been told to expect that the wings for the airbusses they manufacture will be going to France...so we had better find some other middle eastern despotic country to sell our weapons to..how about Iran?

Wings for weapons, probably where we're heading

Of course we could be developing renewables but those dumb Tories sold off the investment bank to some asset strippers for quick buck

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I watched it, and they ignored the minutes silence (from what we could see, which was limited). And, yes, a few in the crowd shouted, which is also disrespectful... a storm in a teacup to you, maybe, but not to me...

Out of interest, what did you do before you could see a match on the other side of the world between 2 different countries to observe both players and crowd behaviour and anything you didn't like the look / interpretation of? Presumably you just got on with life...because it didn't and doesn't F UCKING MATTER!! :)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Wembley

The 'if' bit is the critical part of the argument though isn't it? And even then...

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Out of interest, what did you do before you could see a match on the other side of the world between 2 different countries to observe both players and crowd behaviour and anything you didn't like the look / interpretation of? Presumably you just got on with life...because it didn't and doesn't F UCKING MATTER!! :)

So the Australians were showing respect to one of their citizens who died in a terrorist act on our soil and disrespect was shown by one of the teams and you think it doesn't matter!!

Each to their own.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It does to me. Because I respect life. You clearly don't.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The 'if' bit is the critical part of the argument though isn't it? And even then...
No. The point being made is a good one, which I would hope even you could understand.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
So the Australians were showing respect to one of their citizens who died in a terrorist act on our soil and disrespect was shown by one of the teams and you think it doesn't matter!!

Each to their own.

'If' (NB: A ****ing BIG 'IF') you (yes YOU!) choose to interpret it that way...! I don't, but you go knock yourself out with your phoney outrage a top your moral high ground. Each to their own as you say: I'm with the sane brigade although by answering you, I'm sleeping dangerously close to the loons like you!

Sake...

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Each to their own.

They didn't show disrespect, they showed it in their own way. The only difference I saw was one team stood in a line, the other stood in their own half. What did you see?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It does to me. Because I respect life. You clearly don't.

No you're a drama queen that's all. 'Respect life...' what the f uck do you even know about it? What a ridiculous thing to write. Sooner you give mummy back her phone the better.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
They didn't show disrespect, they showed it in their own way. The only difference I saw was one team stood in a line, the other stood in their own half. What did you see?

OUTRAGE! And loads of it, there's loads out there...if you care to look for it like Drew, running around foaming at the mouth like a 70's kid drinking litres of squash each day. GRRRRRRRR! :lolol::rant:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No. The point being made is a good one, which I would hope even you could understand.

I've added some further 'if' outrages for you to get worked up about. Let me know how you get on...

We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at the Amex
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at the Emirates
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Anfield
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Goodison
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Loftus Rd
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at the Valley
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Selhurst
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Old Trafford
We wouldn't be calling it a storm in a teacup if it happened at Turf Moor

Ow, and btw, if your auntie had balls, she'd be your uncle - discuss...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
If a Saudi team came to Wembley and the team prayed to Mecca on the pitch pre match due to some tragedy in the Middle East would our players join in? :smile:
I would say our players would stand in a line in silence and respect to the tragedy and their religion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yeah they pray and give gifts, got a problem with that?

I just asked the question because I didn't know what the Saudis did to show respect immediately before playing an international match.

What I do have a problem is the double standards as Saudi teams in the past have observed a minutes silence.

So, on that basis I'm not sure whether or not you are talking out of your arse!!!!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Where have you been all these years? We've been "cuddl[ing] up" to Saudi ever since I can remember. Brexit changes bugger all on that particular front, but then I expect you already knew that.

Pursuing trade deals with despotic countries will become more likely as our established trade with our European partners tails off, as someone with more direct experience of this than I have has already pointed out on this thread. But I expect you already understand this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here