Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd be well happy if Welbeck's goal scoring record was as high as bang average.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I watched him terrorise Spain single-handedly at the Euros.

DW is not the worst comparison, actually. But he's stronger and quicker, and just 22 years old. His La Liga goal record is 33 in 105 games. Wellbeck's, post-United / 2012, is 38 in 184.

DW left United when Van Gaal took over IIRC. Fergie left in 2013, also IIRC.
By these IIRCs, unlikely to have left United in 2012.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I watched him terrorise Spain single-handedly at the Euros.

DW is not the worst comparison, actually. But he's stronger and quicker, and just 22 years old. His La Liga goal record is 33 in 105 games. Wellbeck's, post-United / 2012, is 38 in 184.
I'd be well happy if Welbeck's goal scoring record was as high as bang average.
You can't compare goal scoring records la Liga Vs EPL. It's a hell of a lot easier to score in la Liga. Just look at andones record.

Interested to see this guy.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can't compare goal scoring records la Liga Vs EPL. It's a hell of a lot easier to score in la Liga. Just look at andones record.

Interested to see this guy.

You mean "we can't compare goal scoring records, but I can".

Sorry what's the big deal with this guy?

His goal scoring record is bang average. Holds the ball up well but is he that much better than wellbz ?

Absolutely clueless.

Good to get my annual reminder to not bother, checked off.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

At the time yes. Right now, BHA must be one of the most attractive sides on the planet for second-level elite talent.

Be nice if we could manage to sign a young upcoming striker that is ready to go straight into first team football in that case. I am not convinced we’ll be signing Nunez/Isak type players as we will probably not pay the transfer fees others will and I doubt we’ll pay the wages either.

This is not a complaint but an acceptance that our club is not going to break wage structures and pay the transfer fees clubs with oodles more money than us will.

Hence I am no longer jealous of who others sign we are doing very nicely as we are thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If NUFC fancied signing Carlton Cole, Kolo Toure, plus re-signing Andy Cole, would you consider driving them up there Stat?

You aren't making any sense.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Be nice if we could manage to sign a young upcoming striker that is ready to go straight into first team football in that case. I am not convinced we’ll be signing Nunez/Isak type players as we will probably not pay the transfer fees others will and I doubt we’ll pay the wages either.

This is not a complaint but an acceptance that our club is not going to break wage structures and pay the transfer fees clubs with oodles more money than us will.

Hence I am no longer jealous of who others sign we are doing very nicely as we are thanks.

Jealously is not what i'm feeling either, though I recognise this is likely to be a fabulous signing.

It's more annoyance, that our chances of finishing above a team have just taken a hit and revulsion at the thought of Toon fans rejoicing in this splashing of blood money and the apparent continued success of this sportswashing project

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Now they are after Conor Gallagher

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
See Newcastle wore their Saudi strip today. They really want their pound of flesh.

Wow, is that really why they wear that colour?

I was thinking today whether players who had joined the club before the Saudi takeover would be able to criticise the regime. Sure, their contacts probably say something about bringing the owners into disrepute, but that may apply only to the owners at time of signing. I know I would feel uncomfortable not highlighting the disgusting behaviour of my new employers.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
So good to see Newcastle proudly playing in its Saudi Arabia kit after 2 women got jailed this month for a combined time of 90 years, because the woman had the voice to criticise the country’s leadership.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So good to see Newcastle proudly playing in its Saudi Arabia kit after 2 women got jailed this month for a combined time of 90 years, because the woman had the voice to criticise the country’s leadership.

Yep.

I’m delighted to say that had they ever taken over the Albion, I would walk away.

Sadly, too many people can’t be bothered to think further than the end of their roads. Until it’s their heads in the noose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Newcastle and City - can't stand them. For reasons that have nothing to do with football.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Wow, is that really why they wear that colour?

I was thinking today whether players who had joined the club before the Saudi takeover would be able to criticise the regime. Sure, their contacts probably say something about bringing the owners into disrepute, but that may apply only to the owners at time of signing. I know I would feel uncomfortable not highlighting the disgusting behaviour of my new employers.

Would you quit? I would. Especially if I knew I'd get another highly paid job doing the same thing for a different company.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here