Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Anyone doubting Brighton fans saying they would walk away if something similar happened here clearly don't understand Brighton fans. I can categorically guarantee that had this happened here you would see protests and action on a different level and scale, the likes of which would embarass the pitiful and pathetic responses by the overwhelming majority of Geordies. This is Brighton, we know how to protest and we also possess a far superior collective moral compass. I would have no qualms walking away from the club despite over 45yrs of supporting them until such time as the ownership of the club wasno longer in the bloodied hands of a bunch of oppressive murderers. Its what separates clubs like Newcastle, Man City etc and the Albion

Excellent post. Spot on.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Good point and that concludes the argument doesn't it? Mike Ashley was a line of sorts for many, but that line moved significantly when individuals with less morals took over but with significantly more money to spend.

One was doing not very good things to the club whereas the others are doing great things for the club and terrible things to other people.

If it isn't happening under your nose it is easy to look the other way.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
One was doing not very good things to the club whereas the others are doing great things for the club and terrible things to other people.

If it isn't happening under your nose it is easy to look the other way.

As you demonstrate with every post

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really good signing. Would love to have had him here. Pace. power and skill. Top player. :down:

You up for a petrol state takeover of Tony Bloom’s Albion then? Only way we’ll be splashing that sort of dough

Not for me Clive, even for a 100 million player or two

I would genuinely be gutted

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
You up for a petrol state takeover of Tony Bloom’s Albion then? Only way we’ll be splashing that sort of dough

I'm not sure that's what [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] was saying. Alexander Isaak is a ridiculously good signing for a team like Newcastle, if we had a player like him (or him) up front, it would be fantastic.

Clearly didn't mean that he'd have the Newcastle owners come in for Bloom...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Good grief. Yes, that's EXACTLY what I was suggesting, FFS.

But you're wrong anyway, by the way. Of course we CAN sign a player of this calibre under Bloom - we just have to rely on the club's recruitment team to identify him earlier. In Isak's case - at the point he moved TO Real Sociedad for £15m, rather than three years later when he's 'worth' four times more. (Much as we identified Darwin Nunez before he went to Benfica).

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good grief. Yes, that's EXACTLY what I was suggesting, FFS.

But you're wrong anyway, by the way. Of course we CAN sign a player of this calibre under Bloom - we just have to rely on the club's recruitment team to identify him earlier. In Isak's case - at the point he moved TO Real Sociedad for £15m, rather than three years later when he's 'worth' four times more. (Much as we identified Darwin Nunez before he went to Benfica).

Remind me of the last time we signed a young TOP striker, if they are top strikers in the making bigger clubs will win every single time, just like happened with Nunez :shrug:

I imagine Isak would also have chosen Real Sociedad, even if we had been interested.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I would love to sit here and laugh at that signing

But that's the first Newcastle one which has blown me away. I thought they might be 2 more windows until they started getting players of his calibre in (Trippier and Bruno are quality but I think Isak is going to be a superstar).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Remind me of the last time we signed a young TOP striker, if they are top strikers in the making bigger clubs will win every single time, just like happened with Nunez :shrug:

I imagine Isak would also have chosen Real Sociedad, even if we had been interested.

You can't KNOW, can you. That's the point. United and Liverpool wanted Evan Ferguson. It could be him. It could be Julio Enciso.

It COULD have been Jurgen Locadia...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You can't KNOW, can you. That's the point. United and Liverpool wanted Evan Ferguson. It could be him. It could be Julio Enciso.

It COULD have been Jurgen Locadia...

I confess I thought it WAS Locadia when we signed him, I kept faith for a long time too :down:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

But that's the first Newcastle one which has blown me away. I thought they might be 2 more windows until they started getting players of his calibre in (Trippier and Bruno are quality but I think Isak is going to be a superstar).

Indeed. Literally the first one they've signed (since the takeover) that I've been jealous of.

None of the others are better than we have at the Albion in their respective positions. Isak is.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003

Indeed, can see them beheading and shoulders above other clubs in the race for ‘top’ signings, gonna be murder getting a look in for anyone else, and no one is going to flog them anyone on the cheap, transfer windows are going to be torture for everyone else, every other club dropping like a stoning down the PL table as a result of their ruthless execution, the rest of the footballing world stuck at the back of the LBTQueue for players yadda yadda.

All hail NUFC and their top transfers. Long may they reign.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well, quite.

[MENTION=35039]The Fish[/MENTION] has made some reasonable points, and I do genuinely feel sorry for any decent, principled Newcastle fans - and I'm sure there are a great many.

But as you say, his argument that you should only blame the authorities, and not the helpless fans, holds zero water, when in fact Newcastle fans actively demonstrated and complained AGAINST attempts by the authorities to block the takeover.

And Fishy - please don't embarrass yourself by repeating the assertion that your fans' complaints were ONLY about the 'transparency', etc. The bottom line, however you try to frame it, is that Newcastle fans DID WANT this takeover to go through.

However you look at it, at the end of the day the only thing that Joe Average fan is interested in, is seeing his/her team win football matches. Once that is achieved on a regular basis, virtually everything else is forgotten about or forgiven.

I'm not saying it's right, it isn't, but that's just the way of the world unfortunately.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Indeed. Literally the first one they've signed (since the takeover) that I've been jealous of.

None of the others are better than we have at the Albion in their respective positions. Isak is.
Sorry what's the big deal with this guy?

His goal scoring record is bang average. Holds the ball up well but is he that much better than wellbz ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

At the time yes. Right now, BHA must be one of the most attractive sides on the planet for second-level elite talent.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry what's the big deal with this guy?

His goal scoring record is bang average. Holds the ball up well but is he that much better than wellbz ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

I watched him terrorise Spain single-handedly at the Euros.

DW is not the worst comparison, actually. But he's stronger and quicker, and just 22 years old. His La Liga goal record is 33 in 105 games. Wellbeck's, post-United / 2012, is 38 in 184.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here