Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's a simple process. They set up a separate 'investment fund' and then promise the Italian FA that the 'Saudi Government' won't be involved in the running of the club. Worked with Newcastle, why wouldn't it work with Milan?

Or maybe the Saudi's will own Inter, whereas its the completely and obviously independent PIF that run Newcastle, meaning that both teams clearly have different ownership and therefore both will be able to compete in the Champions League. Sorted...

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Stay Classy lads and lasses

[tweet]1479859219427901443[/tweet]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Stay Classy lads and lasses

[tweet]1479859219427901443[/tweet]

Thought that was totally anal having a bunch of smarmy Geordies bragging about the money without giving 2 fecks where it came from. first time I watched it.

Watching it briefly again, I'm thinking that it's even worse.

So pleased the squillionaires of the mighty Cambridge Utd beat them.

:tosser:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently we're after teenage French striker Hugo Ekitike but not worthy of a fred as Newcastle are seemingly close to his signature.

As well as Chris Woods :lol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Morning Wood

Chris Wood at £20m is a very astute piece of business. A growing realisation at Newcastle that they cannot and will not go for stellar marquee signings and sensibly grow the club. He knows a relegation dogfight and if the worst happens would be a top Championship striker.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently we're after teenage French striker Hugo Ekitike but not worthy of a fred as Newcastle are seemingly close to his signature.

As well as Chris Woods :lol:

Covered on BBC Sound’s football transfer gossip daily today.

The Mirror’s Darren Lewis confirms your pessimism. If Newcastle want him, they’ll get him.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Chris Wood at £20m is a very astute piece of business. A growing realisation at Newcastle that they cannot and will not go for stellar marquee signings and sensibly grow the club. He knows a relegation dogfight and if the worst happens would be a top Championship striker.

And will suit Allardyce's long ball to big CF style.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Covered on BBC Sound’s football transfer gossip daily today.

The Mirror’s Darren Lewis confirms your pessimism. If Newcastle want him, they’ll get him.

Ah, we are assuming all players will be lured by blood money to a team with just 11 points.
also knowing that they will be a stepping stone, casually cast aside or left to rot in the reserves when they need an upgrade.
We can offer a genuine possibly route to a better club if you prove yourself, with a chairman and manager that will back you. Friendships are also important in all of this especially with foreign players, if they know someone from this club, they will surely only have positive things to say,

(unless of course your mates with Connolly or Jürgen)

I still think we are a draw to players aspiring to come to the EPL.

Stay positive this week fellas.

Newcastle are shite.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hahaha - funny if true

[tweet]1486390225634926592[/tweet]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A couple of weeks ago many posters still thought the Saudis were getting relegated.

6B2E20F0-22C3-402F-BE22-668597704543.png

Have any views on that relegation changed?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A couple of weeks ago many posters still thought the Saudis were getting relegated.

I still think they're not guaranteed to be safe. They have a better team, but not sure how much better. Some proven PL players + a few foreign players with no PL experience who need to pick up wins straight away. Newcastle last 8 fixtures are:

Spurs
Wolves
Leicester
Norwich
Liverpool
Man City
Arsenal
Burnley

So not sure how much they can expect from that lot. Luckily for them - I do think Norwich, Watford & Burnley are really going to struggle but I don't think it is a no brainer Newcastle stay up now

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

View attachment 144544

I don't think anyone doubted they were going to splash the cash to try and avoid relegation.
But as we've seen with other clubs, spending a large amount is not a guarantee of instant success, so my fingers remain firmly crossed...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here