Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"It's a sign that the club has a huge pull - and I'm not talking financial here," said head coach Howe.

"Kieran hasn't come for the financial benefits of the contract. He's come for the club and for the challenge that the team faces at the current time, but also the longer-term vision, so I think that's a massive thing for the football club."

Okay Eddie, whatever you say. :lolol::smokin::wozza::drink::hilton::stupid:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
"It's a sign that the club has a huge pull - and I'm not talking financial here," said head coach Howe.

"Kieran hasn't come for the financial benefits of the contract. He's come for the club and for the challenge that the team faces at the current time, but also the longer-term vision, so I think that's a massive thing for the football club."

All said with a smug look no doubt

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton

That is hilario

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
31 year old Kieran Trippier come for the longer term vision. Sure he'll still be playing for them in 4 years time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good grief I cannot overstate just how badly I want them to get relegated.

Me too but I think they’ll sign enough quality players to overhaul the other dross just above them sadly

Good that the bookies are much less confident and not worth a bet either

Norwich City @ 1/14
Watford @ 4/7
Burnley @ 4/7
Newcastle @ 4/6

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Yup.. and regardless of division, as long as he performs well individually, it wont make much harm to his chances of playing in the World Cup this year which is probably his final tournament anyway.

I’m not sure about that. If they did go down (please god) then he’d be in the championship and up against Walker, TAA, James and Lamptey, all who will be in the EPL and probably playing in Europe (sadly I think Tariq will go).
Trippier has semi-retired IMO.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Newcastle are fortunate that they are battling relegation with Burnley, Watford and Norwich. All three are financially sound, none of them see relegation as the end of the world and all of them have a good track record of bouncing back to the Prem. Therefore, I'd be surprised if any of them seek reinforcements above or beyond like-for-like replacements due to Covid / injuries.

With Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom and Blackburn well-placed in the Championship we can expect another season of the same clubs yo-yoing up and down.

This is all good for the Albion, because with the same Big 6 at the top and the same clubs yo-yoing at the bottom there is more attention of clubs like us, West Ham, Villa who are on the up and doing something different. This is all good for the Albion global brand. We are beginning to get noticed.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have the Saudis bought Inter yet?

If they do I will laugh nonstop for about 56 hours.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
No wonder they had an outbreak of Covid immediately after their last game, getting their next 2 games called off against relegation teams, with big incoming names from January.
Anyone would think they made it up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Yeah, right Eddie, if you believe that you're an even bigger schmuck than I have had you down as all these years!!!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Here are some odds for other players they are likely to sign in this window.

Aaron Ramsey: 13/10
Sven Botman: 9/4
James Tarkowski: 2/1
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 3/1
Dean Henderson: 16/5
Dele Alli: 7/2
Ross Barkley: 4/1
Lucas Digne: 4/1
Adama Traore: 6/1
Jesse Lingard: 6/1
Donny Van de Beek: 7/1
Eddie Nketiah: 10/1
Mauro Icardi: 10/1
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: 13/1

I don’t think we’d be competing for any of these players. Mostly due to salary demands or the fact that we’re well stocked in the positions some of them they play.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Screenshot_20220108_173814.jpg

Some great banter out there

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The horse punching melts would be incandescent had Bruce and Ashley served that up.

Chances are Bruce would have found an (unattractive) way past the mighty Cambridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here