Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Looks like it's going to be Unai Emery taking over. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with a pretty poor side who are firmly in a relegation scrap.

Long time since he was in that position but he is a good coach and probably one of the better choices they could have done.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Looks like it's going to be Unai Emery taking over. Will be interesting to see how he gets on with a pretty poor side who are firmly in a relegation scrap.

That is a shame. He is good at organising a team that will listen - which is what I think I heard people who should know say. Be great to see them go down.

Can they wait until next week please?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Unfortunately he is a good manager and with some reinforcement in January you have to expect them to climb away from the bottom 3.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Unfortunately he is a good manager and with some reinforcement in January you have to expect them to climb away from the bottom 3.

Going to be thoroughly fleeced in January. Every club approached will suddenly have doubled the valuations on every player. That's even if any PL club will take the phone call.

Whilst I agree they could pull themselves clear of the drop (though I do hope not), I think the really unlikely part of your comment to make real is "some reinforcement".

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Doesn't really matter who they take on at the moment. The players know they'll be out the second they can get replacements (except for ASM) and have pretty much downed tools. The hope is they'll be so far behind come January nobody will want to come, this has all the potential to turn into an absolute disaster in the short term at least.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So, Eddie Howe has the gig.

B1BB8987-04F3-4E6E-9E9F-1F916E5FAEF4.png

This time conquering his latitude sickness (the aversion to jobs north of Dorset). The salary and transfer war-chest just might’ve assuaged those fears.

NUFC are crying out for a defence. His brand of football appeared to be lose 4-1 or win 4-3. I wonder if he’ll adapt that ethos with their current squad?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
So, Eddie Howe has the gig.

View attachment 141887

This time conquering his latitude sickness (the aversion to jobs north of Dorset). The salary and transfer war-chest just might’ve assuaged those fears.

NUFC are crying out for a defence. His brand of football appeared to be lose 4-1 or win 4-3. I wonder if he’ll adapt that ethos with their current squad?

They are half way there without him to be fair

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Certainly made the Sunderland fixture a dead rubber were they ever to end up in the same league again. No one is ever going to invest in Sunderland to anything like that degree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't really matter who they take on at the moment. The players know they'll be out the second they can get replacements (except for ASM) and have pretty much downed tools. The hope is they'll be so far behind come January nobody will want to come, this has all the potential to turn into an absolute disaster in the short term at least.

Didn’t appear to me that the Newcastle players had even remotely downed tools on Saturday :down:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here