[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quote of the hour: I cannot imagine a wider clash of opinion about how much women should wear in public than between Newcastle and Saudi Arabia.

:lolol:

Last time we were up there we left the away end to walk back into the city and walked past a couple of young ladies advertising a distinctly non Sharia club. Having said that, the ruling classes in Saudi do tend to Summer in Europe to sample such delights so I’m sure they won’t see any contradictions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see the Torygraph has identified Groß and Lamptey as potential purchases when the horse punchers go on their spending spree. Pascal would be interesting choice, his contract is nearly up and he could double his money at Newcastle but I can't see Uncle Tony letting Lamptey go for £25m - unless he's totally crocked

The giddy, shameless, tea-towel wearing Geordie tw4ts will be absolutely FUMING if they are seriously linked with an understated, quietly effective, steady Premier League player like Pascal Groß. They are expecting Erling Haaland, not Brighton's stand-in right wing back.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We won't be selling anyone to Newcastle unless they're giving us ludicrous money ... which I suppose they might

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Presumably Lineker will set Shearer straight on MOTD ? He is rightly very vocal on social and human rights issues.

I wouldn’t hold your breath. What he says to him off air might be very different to the jokey pundit shit we’ll get on MOTD

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I suspect there will be some paydays for Mr Shearer.

Shearer is a w*nker of the highest order. Great footballer, but cr*p pundit. When I worked in the aviation business the guys at Newcastle Airport used to have to put up with his “don’t you know who I am?” antics. When he was picking up friends from the airport he used to drive in and out of the short stay car park to avoid paying a few quid (the first 10 minutes were free)!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I wouldn’t hold your breath. What he says to him off air might be very different to the jokey pundit shit we’ll get on MOTD

MOTD, Sky Sports and BT will sweep all this under the carpet.

It’s today’s chat amongst us and some football writers, but in 9 months time all that will be forgotten as every football writer and broadcaster will be palpably salivating about ‘the miracle’ of Newcastle’s player recruitment next summer. Mark Chapman & Co won’t want to be seen as miserable, to be p@ssing on EPL razzamatazz and hype.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Surprised there’s no talk of Newcastle coming after Potter. It’s inevitable I think. There’s a few websites suggesting it today though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Surprised there’s no talk of Newcastle coming after Potter. It’s inevitable I think. There’s a few websites suggesting it today though.

Already in The Sun [emoji849]

Rinkmaster

Oct 1, 2020
Newhaven
I see the Torygraph has identified Groß and Lamptey as potential purchases when the horse punchers go on their spending spree. Pascal would be interesting choice, his contract is nearly up and he could double his money at Newcastle but I can't see Uncle Tony letting Lamptey go for £25m - unless he's totally crocked

I wouldn't want us to sell any player to Newcastle now that it is Saudi money

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've thought about it and they're basically whores aren't they? Newcastle fans I mean.

They'll bleat on now about how they can't do anything about human rights halfway around the world and that what's important is the money coming into the club and the city and that it doesn't matter where the money comes from. Which is an argument, of a sort.

But, like a prostitute doesn't much care how a client makes the money they'll use to buy skin, Newcastle fans now collectively open their legs and accept the "gift" that has been given them.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

No EPL club is selling any player to that lot for £25m anymore.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I wouldn't want us to sell any player to Newcastle now that it is Saudi money
Bet we will if the money is right. Trouble is, we all get on our high horses moralising but the fact is we all go to watch BHA v Citeh, Chelski, x other club with morally dubious owner enjoying seeing some of the best players in the world. We will demand our club buy/sell a player from them to strengthen our team/finances, we will watch England in Qatar next year etc etc

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports