Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Starting to fall out with my Newcastle supporting mate who lives in Middlesbrough. Pointed out that if it happened to us, I'd be off supporting Lewes in non-league, at least they have Middlesbrough or Sunderland to choose from. I asked which one they'd go to assuming (cheekily) that it was their moral obligation to do so.

It didn't go down too well.

Ahh well.

Well, I can see why he'd react to that. The equivalent would be to ask you if you intend to switch to Palace or Pompey.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Basically the country that supplied the ideology and personnel for the 9/11 attacks now have their grubby mitts on the Premier League. Sickening doesn't even come close.

I have nothing but utter contempt for the Newcastle fans who have no idea who being a suffering fan is. Being owned by an unpleasant person and watching some dull football in the top two divisions of English football with a spot of European football thrown in for good measure, does not remotely qualify you to preach to the supporters of many clubs that have had to fight to even keep a team to watch.

All the while the Geordies have been moaning their club has not remotely been threatened with going out of existence, and their pitiful attempts to unseat Ashley are an utter embarrassment when compared to the fights put up by ourselves, Charlton, Blackpool and many others. Joke.

Excellent post.

I feel sorry for the NUFC fans who have been victims for so many years. They have had it so tough. Pathetic.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Whilst our legendary centre forward was dropping in on a disabled lad with goodies and making the young chaps year, NUFC's legendary centre forward is bigging up a corrupt and brutal regime.

Doesn't that just speak volumes eh?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
There has been a lot of condemnation on this thread of Newcastle fans but i remain hopeful (probably more fool me ) that some of them will be seen to raise their voices against this , perhaps when the initial furore dies down . Before we cast too many stones can we really be absolutely sure that if ( god forbid ! ) a similar situation were to happen here that there would not be similar scenes at the amex even if it were to turn out to be a minority of our fans ?
Despite being enraged and disgusted at this being allowed to happen we all know that money talks very loudly and while i do not agree with it i still can't help but grudgingly admire the one voice on this thread who has stood up and admitted to being possible to seduce with transfer funds
PS just seen the poll on this very topic and latest result i saw suggested just under a third who voted would have some sort of acceptance .

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There has been a lot of condemnation on this thread of Newcastle fans but i remain hopeful (probably more fool me ) that some of them will be seen to raise their voices against this , perhaps when the initial furore dies down . Before we cast too many stones can we really be absolutely sure that if ( god forbid ! ) a similar situation were to happen here that there would not be similar scenes at the amex even if it were to turn out to be a minority of our fans ?
Despite being enraged and disgusted at this being allowed to happen we all know that money talks very loudly and while i do not agree with it i still can't help but grudgingly admire the one voice on this thread who has stood up and admitted to being possible to seduce with transfer funds
PS just seen the poll on this very topic and latest result i saw suggested just under a third who voted would have some sort of acceptance .

I wouldn't hold out hope....

[tweet]1446421900259954688[/tweet]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Quote of the hour: I cannot imagine a wider clash of opinion about how much women should wear in public than between Newcastle and Saudi Arabia.

:lolol:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
The coverage on the BBC is sickening. Essentially a great thing all round. But worse- this strange assumption that Newcastle deserve success.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The reactions from media and fans as well as a relatively big number of opposing fans is one of the events that have damaged my belief in humanity the most... its just shocking. So damn saddening.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The coverage on the BBC is sickening. Essentially a great thing all round. But worse- this strange assumption that Newcastle deserve success.

On a lot of their football articles they usually have a public comments section underneath. They seemed to have overlooked including them for their gushing Newcastle stories on the takeover.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The horse punchers slagged Mike Ashley off for his practices as chairman of sports direct - 0 hour contracts, the way staff are treated etc.

Yet now it’s ok to turn a blind eye to an oppressive regime, a country where women are third rare citizens, you’d be hung for being gay and all round poor human rights records.

Bunch of entitled (for absolutely no reason other than ‘pashun’) hypocrites

This with BELLS on it.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Just makes me glad to be supporting a club that’s got it’s feet firmly on the ground. Not another so called big club who should be winning everything because they deserve it.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Deleted by poster

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see the Torygraph has identified Groß and Lamptey as potential purchases when the horse punchers go on their spending spree. Pascal would be interesting choice, his contract is nearly up and he could double his money at Newcastle but I can't see Uncle Tony letting Lamptey go for £25m - unless he's totally crocked

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Whilst our legendary centre forward was dropping in on a disabled lad with goodies and making the young chaps year, NUFC's legendary centre forward is bigging up a corrupt and brutal regime.

Doesn't that just speak volumes eh?

Presumably Lineker will set Shearer straight on MOTD ? He is rightly very vocal on social and human rights issues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here