Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
It’s almost as is English football is having the beauty, asset stripped out of the beautiful game. Today football lost another piece of its soul, thank you Premier League!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
okbs2i3sg3s71.png

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Another club who can join the next European Super League whenever a new format is introduced as far as I'm concerned anyway.
The Premier League would be far more interesting then, with clubs competing on similar finances.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So the bloke that had a Washington Post journalist chopped up and placed in a suitcase now owns Newcastle?

I think we can conclude if he passes the 'fit and proper' test then anyone can.

Of course St James's Park is awash with tea-towel wearing Geordies. They couldn't give a shit about human rights.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's not been good this past few hours, first one of our players catastrophically summed up PL excess and fake plastic glitz, potentially culminating in a(nother) spectacular fall from the pinnacle to the pit... and then Newcastle celebrate the exorcism of the devil they know for another...

The game I love, have loved for 35 years or so is surely dying... consumed by greed and voodoo economics, alas I cannot say I'm surprised but I am deeply and genuinely saddened...

To see dancing Geordies hell bent on winning no matter the cost, well ... if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it. I wish them luck... for me it's hollow, empty and worthless.

But I guess that's the PL for you... aint it great?

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Seeing the reactions from Newcastle fans make me nauseous. Its just bottom low. In plenty of countries in Europe the fans would turn their backs and dont go to the games, but this is so normalised now in the PL that people even appreciate it.

I hope these ****ers spend massive money on new players, rename the club القحبة النفط سخيف then get tired of it all, sell St James Park to some retail developer (or a new Shell petrol station), pay Alan Shearer £20m to be the Sunderland mascot and then **** off back to Saudi Arabia.

Say what you think Swanny!!

As it is i totally agree.They are the last people i want anywhere near our club

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
So the bloke that had a Washington Post journalist chopped up and placed in a suitcase now owns Newcastle?

I think we can conclude if he passes the 'fit and proper'test then anyone can.

I think this sums up the complete absence of any moral compass in those administering our game.

Luckily, Tracy Crouch’s fans-led review into football has grasped the clear and present danger at the heart of football and has snapped into action by consulting on beer in the stands.

:facepalm:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Another club who can join the next European Super League whenever a new format is introduced as far as I'm concerned anyway.
The Premier League would be far more interesting then, with clubs competing on similar finances.

Getting to a point where I'd like these petrostate/super rich's plaything clubs to **** off and play in their own league now. Any new club that gets taken over in the same fashion gets to automatically join them.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Would it? Would it really? Would it really be that great to be a different club to what we are now?
:shrug:

I absolutely LOVE the way we are run. Doesn't get better in my mind. Local die hard passionate fan of the club. A superb youth system and countless youngsters coming through with many being promoted to the first team squad. Something to be proud of. Absolutely amazes me the reaction of the geordies. How can they be proud of what's just happened to their club?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Seeing the reactions from Newcastle fans make me nauseous. Its just bottom low. In plenty of countries in Europe the fans would turn their backs and dont go to the games, but this is so normalised now in the PL that people even appreciate it.

I hope these ****ers spend massive money on new players, rename the club القحبة النفط سخيف then get tired of it all, sell St James Park to some retail developer (or a new Shell petrol station), pay Alan Shearer £20m to be the Sunderland mascot and then **** off back to Saudi Arabia.

100% this, with bells on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Releasing this rumour surely just a way of getting the fans back onside. I'd be very surprised if they did. They'll be spending big money and will want a more modern manager.

Brucey must have a big smile on his face today. That pay off he's been waiting for is a step closer. All that abuse will seem worth it when he's on that yacht

He won't be laughing when the new owners behead him in the centre circle, prior to the new manager being announced.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Great post, couldn’t agree more!

I can’t believe what I’m seeing from these Newcastle fans. Absolutely revolting.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Great post, couldn’t agree more!

I can’t believe what I’m seeing from these Newcastle fans. Absolutely revolting.

Shearer getting in on the act too. All that talk of morality in football etc when the super league was announced eh. He's conveniently forgotten about morality now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here