Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I will confess I am a bit jealous of what’s happening at Newcastle. I love having Tony Bloom as one of our own and don’t really think I want a dodgy Saudi consortium in control but I would love us to have that amount of money to play with even just for a few years. Until this afternoon they were our direct rivals and now some of the players and managers they are being linked with are just insane.

It would be nice to have just a few transfer windows of top signings coming in rather than scrabbling around all summer for a striker we can’t get . This also just made our chances of becoming a top ten club that much harder, we simply can’t compete financially with at least 8/9 clubs so difficult to see how we do it consistently.

Would it? Would it really? Would it really be that great to be a different club to what we are now?
:shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Another vote secured for the European Super League…..

Have to marvel at the Newcastle fans who claim to have removed the Evil owner whose main sins seem to amount to being a Cockney and a bit tight in transfer windows but are happy to welcome and celebrate Saudi ownership.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well I think it is great to see all those Newcastle fans Celebrating the Saudi takeover and waving the Saudi flag.
I wonder how many hate Muslims and have racially abused them over the past few years.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
That’s what we said about City……

This.

Unfortunately their current league position will be their nadir, the huge new investment will gradually drive them up the division and they’ll stay there.

The paper talk today is ‘just’ an additional spend on transfer fees of £250m in the first 5 years, because the murderers will also be upgrading the academy and training base.

But with a big question mark that they may soon be tempted to spend far more on players, due to the huge rivalry with Abu Dhabi (Citeh).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So what are we going to chant when we play them..?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Would it? Would it really? Would it really be that great to be a different club to what we are now?
:shrug:

We already are. I remember phoning the seagulls club call line and being excited to hear we had signed Paul Byrne. If you had said then we would be routinely signing players for £20m and competing to be top half of premier league we would have been having same discussion about being a different club to what we were then. Mega financial investment feels like less of a step then the ones we have taken already.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
We already are. I remember phoning the seagulls club call line and being excited to hear we had signed Paul Byrne. If you had said then we would be routinely signing players for £20m and competing to be top half of premier league we would have been having same discussion about being a different club to what we were then. Mega financial investment feels like less of a step then the ones we have taken already.

Don’t remember him?

Edit: just looked him up. A loanee in 1995

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Pretty much the end of Newcastle as a club. You can guarantee that inside 5 years they will have an elite performance centre in north London so the first team squad and coaches can live in Hampstead and they’ll fly up for home games on a private plane from Luton or Stansted.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Some goalkeeper (is it Neuer) - VVD, Ramos, Guy with egg-shaped head (assuming he is a defender) - Kante, De Bruyne - Messi, Mbappe, Haaland, Connolly, Ronaldo

Seems pretty dangerous! Dunno if its balanced though.

Look a little chilly though :)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
244598790_10159581897513139_5956232964385323963_n.jpg

New kits already in stock.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Seeing the reactions from Newcastle fans make me nauseous. Its just bottom low. In plenty of countries in Europe the fans would turn their backs and dont go to the games, but this is so normalised now in the PL that people even appreciate it.

I hope these ****ers spend massive money on new players, rename the club القحبة النفط سخيف then get tired of it all, sell St James Park to some retail developer (or a new Shell petrol station), pay Alan Shearer £20m to be the Sunderland mascot and then **** off back to Saudi Arabia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here