Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday's early kick off

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
The most sensible idea would have been for the FA and FAW have got together and thought about the fans and other teams and agreed 6.00pm or 7.00pm kick off or even played the match Friday night or Sunday afternoon. That would have meant only 1 match being changed as opposed to numerous league matches.

Why?

This was marked as an international weekend long before the 3 division fixtures came out!

Bit daft that the club didn't do those fans who support both England and BHA/Swindon a favour IMO.

On a related note Bristol Rovers are making it a tenner to get in to their game against Peterborough on Friday night for anyone who has a match ticket for the England game on Saturday. As I'm stopping in Bristol on Friday night I might pop along and give Rovers a cheer. Nice touch I thought.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
sky tv like to have a game following directly after one has finished

That would have explained it if our game was on TV but it's not. I see all the league one games are 1pm kick offs on Saturday so maybe this is a football league decision? Still a silly one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So, i'll watch the Albion, have a couple of beers and dinner in the pub and get home just as the England game has finished. This seems perfect to me.

seagull1971

Aug 8, 2003
Cyprus
Yep I would rather they had moved it to the Friday night so that those of us that wanted to go to both matches could have done so. Also think Friday night would be a better atmosphere than 1pm when everyone is cold sober.

Totally agree, but couldn't you say that about the rest of the supporters of leagues 1 and 2 this Saturday ...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I dont normally mind missing England games but as I managed to miss both games last time around I quite fancy watching this one. I will be working until 7 on Saturday so Im going to miss it no matter what time the Brighton game is.

:cry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If we were at Falmer, could we stay and watch it in the bar?

Yeah because it will take a couple of hours waiting for a train that isn't rammed full going back to Brighton or Lewes. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here