Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Saturday "we are top of the league and three points clear" *BONUS* drinking thread

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Catching the last of the rays on the Costa del Sol with a cold Coronita, and a big smile after that performance

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have a long run planned tomorrow morning at stupid O'Clock and I'm going to do the Shoreham route and pause at the toll bridge. I had planned to boost my time, distance or both by staying "dry" but the combination of that win and the prospect of running Shoreham for the first time since last week has made me reach for a bottle of Portillo Malbec.

Don't, whatever you do buy this bin end from Majestic. It's awful stuff and terrible value (or if you could leave it till I get paid in a couple of days I'll have cleared them out by then) :lolol:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Oh Jesus! It's 1:30am here . I was vaguely pissed before the game kicked off, now I'm shredded with a combination of Grambinus, Sauvingnon blanc, and vodka lime...grinning like a fish on pills, the wife barely comprehends my excitement - it's football. And tonight was one of the best...great stream and finally a f*cking brilliant performance. Yey.
Amazing, having fans from Korea and India. Have a good evening or morning, I'm not sure which.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Oh Jesus! It's 1:30am here . I was vaguely pissed before the game kicked off, now I'm shredded with a combination of Grambinus, Sauvingnon blanc, and vodka lime...grinning like a fish on pills, the wife barely comprehends my excitement - it's football. And tonight was one of the best...great stream and finally a f*cking brilliant performance. Yey.

Fantastic!

I was living in Taiwan on Leon Knight Playoff Final day and listened on Player in the study. Got through about three quarters of a bottle of rum and several tuts from 'er indoors before I called it a night. I can vaguely relate to your current state :lolol:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Lions Gate Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz from South Africa. Very nice it is too - and tastes all the better after three points and knowing we're top of the table for at least two weeks :albion:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I'm feeling a little bit weary after the feverish excitement of watching that game, accompanied by a few ice cold Coronas.

I need a pick-me-up.
I'm in the schooner in Southwick drinking Moretti awaiting my main course. If the starter of scallop and pork belly is anything to go by it is going to be awesome. Back to my local in about an hour for some San Miguel[emoji2]

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm on my third Corrs Light and may go all the way and finish the pack. Maybe the fourth will also make Cheryl 'skeletor' Cole look attractive on the X Factor?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cider, after a trip to Bristol last week i decided to have a pint because the pub I went in had a problem with the ale, a few more pints followed.
I now find cider far too easy to drink and it's much, much better than the Fosters Gold I was drinking last night.

Cheers everyone :drink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Had some 1er Cru Chablis, a very decent Macon from M&S (check that out while they've got their 25% off 6 bottles for a week), and am now on a simply stunning Spatburgunder from Henry Butlers. A Burgundy would come in at 1.5x or even twice the price. I might even have better piss than [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] tonight. But, then again, we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Cider, after a trip to Bristol last week i decided to have a pint because the pub I went in had a problem with the ale, a few more pints followed.
I now find cider far too easy to drink and it's much, much better than the Fosters Gold I was drinking last night.

Cheers everyone :drink:

Bristol is where I feel in love with Cider too! Stuff was like kia ora orange cordial in colour, not less than 7% and just evaporated I'm sure, it went down so nicely. And no hangover! Pure as gold, proper cider, unrecognisable from the popular brands (which I don't mind, but like comparing lager with bitter). All hail the cider!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Had some 1er Cru Chablis, a very decent Macon from M&S (check that out while they've got their 25% off 6 bottles for a week), and am now on a simply stunning Spatburgunder from Henry Butlers. A Burgundy would come in at 1.5x or even twice the price. I might even have better piss than [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] tonight. But, then again, we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

*applauds you*

I'm considering rum whilst eyeing my running shoes.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Had some 1er Cru Chablis, a very decent Macon from M&S (check that out while they've got their 25% off 6 bottles for a week), and am now on a simply stunning Spatburgunder from Henry Butlers. A Burgundy would come in at 1.5x or even twice the price. I might even have better piss than @Goldstone1976 tonight. But, then again, we are TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

We're Brighton and Hove Albion, and we're TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

Hell's bells - that was a huge image! D'Issan '59.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Booker Noe's for me, bottled at 7yrs, 2 months and 5 days, 67% but taken down with a bit of filtered water.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Had a heavy one last night and dreading the possibility of another bout attack so laying off it tonight. Although I have just had a pint of blue top milk with some strawberry nesquik stirred in

Rock and roll I am!!

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Have been at Langham Brewery for Live at Langhams - great beer, good music from local acts, hog roast, sheeting with rain in the yard but every body having a great time. Started with a pint of the new Decennium, which is a special version of Hip Hop with Cascade and Centennial for the Maris Otter festival in Norwich next month, then Easy Rye-der, Black Swallow and Florale to round things off. It's been a great day all in all, after a strange and emotional week. Onwards and upwards.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Shared a bottle of rose. Now on London Pride(bottle not can)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Much as I love most things M&S, at least food wise, I very rarely buy their wine as I think it is utterly overpriced. Macon seems to have shot up in price everywhere even though the pound/euro should be in our favour, I am told it is down to low yields. It seems £8 is the norm these days, but in M&S they start at £10 and I saw one the other day at £13, for Macon Villages!

Tonight I am happily ensconced in a Blason de Bourgogne Montagny, reduced in Tesco from £15 to £7.50, normally a reduction like that means the wine is well past its best, but in this case..........I have bought plenty after trialling it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here