[Football] Saturday 1st May Gameweek - all games 3pm Saturday

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All April fixtures have been evening kick offs. I don't mind them in lockdown. I'd rather the 8 than the 6 o'clock one though.

me too, you can get your day done, rack up the beers/wine and go for it!

I'd completely agree with these if I didn't have a hyperactive 3 year old who needs putting to bed around 7.45.

#raceagainsttime

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We could be mathematically safe at 5pm on Sat 01 May IF we beat Sheff Utd in 3 days then beat Leeds, Fulham lose to Chelsea and West Brom only take 3 points from their next 3 matches vs Leicester, Villa and Wolves.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Confirmed 3pm on Saturday 1st and live on Amazon.

Wolves game the following Sunday at 12.00 on BBC

Yet again, fan pressure has shown it has real power.

Don't worry about it. Thank me later, everyone.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I said 12:30 on BT as no one was interested. Very close, 3 pm on Amazon.
Interesting is Burnley on Monday v Fulham and Tuesday v Leeds. Sure sign the fixtures are being moved for games with crowds.

To save others looking, here is the full list for early May:

Friday 30 April

20:00 Southampton v Leicester (Sky Sports)

Saturday 1 May

12:30 Crystal Palace v Man City (BT Sport)
15:00 Brighton v Leeds (Amazon Prime)
17:30 Chelsea v Fulham (Sky Sports)
20:00 Everton v Aston Villa (BT Sport)

Sunday 2 May

14:00 Newcastle v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
16:30 Man Utd v Liverpool (Sky Sports)
19:15 Spurs v Sheffield Utd (Sky Sports)

Monday 3 May

18:00 West Brom v Wolves (Sky Sports)
20:15 Burnley v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Friday 7 May

20:00 Leicester v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

Saturday 8 May

12:30 Leeds v Spurs (BT Sport)
15:00 Sheffield Utd v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)
17:30 Man City v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
20:15 Liverpool v Southampton (Sky Sports)

Sunday 9 May

12:00 Wolves v Brighton (BBC)
14:05 Aston Villa v Man Utd (Sky Sports)
16:30 West Ham v Everton (Sky Sports)
19:00 Arsenal v West Brom (BT Sport)

Monday 10 May

20:00 Fulham v Burnley (Sky Sports)

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I see that between now and 9th May, we play 3 times (Sheff Utd A, Leeds H, Wolves A), whilst Fulham play once (Chelsea A). It's conceivable that - by the time Fulham play Burnley on 10th May - they can't catch us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Unless you have music practice.

FFS, lets not go there . . . . . Do you know how long it takes to hit a triangle with a stick? At the right time? AND hard, middling, or soft!? Its almost a full time job.

. Most gigs are Fridays and Saturdays . . . Which adds to the dilemma . . . Long Gone are the days of football and all day drinking, and rocking up to a gig 'on form' :eek::blush:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's not.

For us the Man City game is being moved to midweek, and the midweek West Ham game moved to when the Man City game was originally.

I wouldn't be surprised if the round of games (Match Week 36 I guess) that includes our Game v West Ham isn't spread across the midweek and weekend.

So Tuesday 11th though Sunday 16th.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It's not.

For us the Man City game is being moved to midweek, and the midweek West Ham game moved to when the Man City game was originally.

Ah, so does that mean the City game is going to be the Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th and West Ham will be Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th then?

I was looking at the West Ham game currently scheduled for Tuesday 11th which is only 2 days after both teams play on the Sunday which I thought was a bit unreasonable and unnecessary. Particularly as West Ham's is at 4:45pm.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Ah, so does that mean the City game is going to be the Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th and West Ham will be Saturday 15th or Sunday 16th then?

I was looking at the West Ham game currently scheduled for Tuesday 11th which is only 2 days after both teams play on the Sunday which I thought was a bit unreasonable and unnecessary. Particularly as West Ham's is at 4:45pm.

No

Man City game moving to 18th/19th.

West ham game will be 12th to 16th.

Reason for this is the next stage of the opening up of covid restrictions is from 17th May, by moving the penultimate game to that midweek means all clubs will have one game where some fans are allowed to attend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports