Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sat Nav advice needed

Any Garmin. The are class, and seem to never breakdown.

Unlike in the boom when updates were a ripoff, many Garmin models now have it included in the buy price if you check.

Yes, I believe they're listed as LM or LMT in shops, which is lifetime maps and lifetime maps & traffic.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I use NavFree on my iPhone. It is pretty good bearing in mind I only really need it for the last mile or so of any journey due to the abundance of road signs and my geographical knowledge of the UK.

It doesn't do traffic updates, mind you, but I have a radio in the car that does that!

It does always seem to have a problem in the Honiton area, though. No idea why, but it just doesn't seem to understand that the A303 exists!!

Probably because the A303 has changed into the A30 well before you get to Honiton

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Probably because the A303 has changed into the A30 well before you get to Honiton

Perhaps it's as confused as me, then!

It refuses to tell me to leave the M5 at Exeter, preferring to send me up to Cullompton. It then takes the route through Chard rather than onto the A35. Odd, but it does it every time! (This was when I was driving regularly back from Cornwall, so haven't had the need to check if it still does it in the last 10 months. I only used to put it on for an ETA in Sussex anyway, as I knew where I was going.)

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I've just moved back to Sussex from Yeovil. The road from Cullompton to Chard via Honiton can be tortuous. but maybe it's officially shorter or something. Have you got it set to "Shortest Route" possibly

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Thanks for the advice everyone. I've plumped for a Garmin Nuvi 400 Series with Free Lifetime Updates.

I've always until now been anti sat nav but after a recent trip up North with my trusty map I was in the depths of Northern Nottinghamshire and not a clue where I was going and wasn't at all easy to keep pulling over.

Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here