Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This is such a shock, I sat 2 banks of desks away from her for quite some time until about a year ago when I moved offices within the group. I hadn't seen her much over the last 6-7 months and had no idea she was ill...Whilst we weren't close friends it will be very sad not to see her walking up and down to the coffee machine, or the loos, just to say hello...

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
If the Arsenal game was to be Sarah's 50th birthday then on 50 minutes there could be a minutes applause and the club could also get behind that. The crowd should then sing her name. I actually think such gestures are used too often but for Sarah and the like, it would be genuine and truly well earned. She was one of us. The press might not understand but Sarah did more for this club than any player or manager ever could. Just a thought.

I feel it would be best to have a minutes applause before kick-off, with an official announcement over the speaker system.
When my brother Tony Langridge passed away this year, there was a terrific minutes applause on the 67th minute and his picture was on the big screens, something all his family were immensly pround of, but fittingly, Albion scored in the 67th minute and the tribute was delayed and jumbled up with the goal celebration.
A tribute as special as Sarah deserves should be stand alone, just in case the same thing happens again.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What can I add to all the tributes that hasn't been said already,knew Sarah and Liz and John from the 'protest' days,such a hard and dedicated worker for the cause.
I once interviewed her and Liz in the 'Sportsman' on camera when the news of the Stadium permission came through.( Must find the disc)
R.I.P. Sarah,not with us,but not forgotten,condolences to all your kith and kindred.

The Wards

Jan 6, 2015
If the Arsenal game was to be Sarah's 50th birthday then on 50 minutes there could be a minutes applause and the club could also get behind that. The crowd should then sing her name. I actually think such gestures are used too often but for Sarah and the like, it would be genuine and truly well earned. She was one of us. The press might not understand but Sarah did more for this club than any player or manager ever could. Just a thought.

We'd love ( the family) something like that to occur at the Arsenal game. So close to what would have been her 50th birthday and we're hoping to be there.
Waking up to so many great comments from everyone.....all we can say is how much it is helping us all at this difficult time.
Andrew, Amanda, Karen, Tony, James and Andy.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Very sad news. Like a few here I didn't actually know her but I certainly knew of her sterling work for the club over the years. She will be sadly missed and fondly remembered. RIP Sarah

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Such tragic sad news. Although I never knew Sarah that well and over the years maybe only spoke a few times, I know she was always 100% dedicated to The Albion cause. She would think nothing of spending a wet Tuesday in November sitting on the coach to some northern outpost when it was always likely the game would end in defeat anyway. Off the field she was a tireless campaigner for many worthy supporter related causes.

My sympathy to all her family and friends. RIP.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P Sarah I vividly recall her on tv numerous times campaigning for the Albion, such a sad loss for all concerned. sincere condolences to her family.

Attachments

• BrightonReportBus.jpeg
    BrightonReportBus.jpeg
    503 KB · Views: 485

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Legend! Without her and Liz, I and a lot of other kids wouldn't have got into the Albion during the dark ages. Also let me get away with loads of stuff as a nipper on many a boring coach journey, and took the deserved mickey on the FFA team. RIP, you were magnificent.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP Sarah and my sincere condolences to your family and so many very close friends.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I have only just seen this news. I didn't know her, but I do know about the contribution she made towards saving the club. As others have said, she was tireless, and she deserved longer on this earth watching the fruits of her efforts at the Amex. RIP.

Green Man

Dec 22, 2014
BN2
Not the happiest debut post to make having silently read NSC for many years. But we have sat just in front of Sarah and Liz in WSL since the Amex opened and had noted Sarah's absence this season, though with typical reticence failed to ask if she was OK. So sorry to hear this news - she was a lovely lady and clearly a great BHA stalwart.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
A few of us that made the Albion Pre-season tour to Portugal in 1988. Luckily I took the picture so am not in it! Sarah in the scarf and hat!

Attachments

• Portugal.jpg
    Portugal.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 676

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
A great lady and one of THE stalwarts of the campaign for a re-born Brighton and Hove Albion. Thanks for what you did, Sarah. RIP.

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
A few of us that made the Albion Pre-season tour to Portugal in 1988. Luckily I took the picture so am not in it! Sarah in the scarf and hat!

You chopped Greenos head off - bottom left. Boring Neil at the back, haven't seen him for years. Sarah was just always there. Always will be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here