Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Santorini or Mykonos?

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Going to Athens in October and have four days to kill.
Looking for something quite and authentic.
Any ideas anyone?

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I was thinking of doing the same this year - a greek colleague said Santorini is a really scenic island but the beaches aren't that great. Myknonos is a bit more touristy but has nice beaches - so why not do both.

Santorini - stunning scenery & good wine, but expensive and not many decent beaches.

Mykonos - not as gay as I thought it would be (except at night in the main town), lovely island, a taste of old Greece once you get out of the main town

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Been to Santorini and liked it although it's quiet. Mykonos used to be the gay capital of the Agean, not Lesbos as is often assumed.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Agree with most of the above too.

Sounds like you'd prefer Hydra (or Idra) which is just off over an hour from Athens - it's were the the Athenians chill out..

If you can stay at the Bratsera Hotel, even better.
:thumbsup:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Rowdey said:
Agree with most of the above too.

Sounds like you'd prefer Hydra (or Idra) which is just off over an hour from Athens - it's where the the Athenians chill out..

If you can stay at the Bratsera Hotel, even better.
:thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
Lord Cornwallis said:
Going to Athens in October and have four days to kill.
Looking for something quite and authentic.
Any ideas anyone?

Naxos - best island in the Cyclades by a mile.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Went to Satorini last year for a week & loved it. Very relaxing & picture postcard views. Don't miss the sunset at Ioua, spectacular.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Plus you can't stop taking luvvly pics like this.
i750529_P5110047.JPG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
it doesn't matter - just go, pick an island at random at the ticket office at Pireaus, get on the ferry and enjoy.......... if you don't like it when you get there, then try another island until you do and chill........
http://www.greekislandhopping.com/Home/Homefr.htm

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Thanks lads.
Still undecided, but plenty to ponder.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I went last year end of july. Santorini is great for landscapes, especially coming in on the ferry.
theres a volcanic island about 2 miles off the coast, its worth a visit and a climb to the top.
theres also a place with natural springs there, where people cover themsewlves in mub as its supposed to be good for the skin??

Naxos is pretty good too, but very touristy

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I went last year end of july. Santorini is great for landscapes, especially coming in on the ferry.
theres a volcanic island about 2 miles off the coast, its worth a visit and a climb to the top.
theres also a place with natural springs there, where people cover themsewlves in mub as its supposed to be good for the skin??

Naxos is pretty good too, but very touristy

I've never heard of mub. I don't fancy covering myself in it either! :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here