Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Santiago Gimenez

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
mexican striker currently playing for feyenoord, of interest to us apparently. though it seems like we’ll have to go toe-to-toe with benfica again, let’s hope there’s a better outcome this time

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
this is the original source, which interestingly also says that the feyenoord head coach, arne slot, is one of our possible eventual replacements for RDZ. but it’s not going to come to that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Santiago, oh-woah-oh
Santiago, oh-woah-oh
He came from Mexico
To give Sussex a go

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Exciting buildup ultimately leading to fluffed chances. I can see why we might be interested. “Don’t let me Down”.😀
More likely that he is a possible replacement for Boniface at USG. From that ‘fluffed chances showreel special’, he is nowhere near the level we’d want from a 21 year old although he may have potential.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We don't have a good record with strikers/fowards signed from the Dutch league so i'll pass.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Since when has Mexico been in North America ?
This was a fact that i learned literally 4 months ago, but it’s always been the case, apparently.

We’re probably a more attractive option than Benfica these days. It’s certainly a higher level of football every week.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Yes Mexico is part of NA at least as far down as Puebla or even Oaxaca, but rest Chiapas, Yucatan peninsula etc is geographically & culturally part of Central America (Mayan culture).

Re getting a Mexican player, unfortunately apart from the odd historic exception (Hugo Sanchez or Rafa Marquez) then they do not travel well/not prepared to put in the hard graft of leaving the easy, very well paid and celebrity life of the local football - and quality has fallen over the years I have been here - see rise of US & decline of Mexico in recent World Cups.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Yes Mexico is part of NA at least as far down as Puebla or even Oaxaca, but rest Chiapas, Yucatan peninsula etc is geographically & culturally part of Central America (Mayan culture).

Re getting a Mexican player, unfortunately apart from the odd historic exception (Hugo Sanchez or Rafa Marquez) then they do not travel well/not prepared to put in the hard graft of leaving the easy, very well paid and celebrity life of the local football - and quality has fallen over the years I have been here - see rise of US & decline of Mexico in recent World Cups.
North America goes all the way down to somewhere around the border between Panama and Colombia.
"Northern America" may or may not include parts of Mexico, depending on what definition you use. Wikipedia helpfully informs me that it's just above Middle America though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here