Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Both NO

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • SIGN THEM BOTH!

Votes: 11 12.8%

• Total voters

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
Seems we are after these two midfielders. Personally, I would prefer Berge over Gilmour, he is taller and stronger, also add some hight on the midfield. Who would you sign if you are Potter, Berge or Gilmour? Or any other options that didn't appear yet?

One thing for sure, with Bissouma left, Long-term injury of Moder, and injury-prone Lallana/Mwepu, we do need an extra midfielder.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Saw Berge on telly last night. Nothing special. But that means nothing.

Khadra looked decent when he came on.

edchan102

Aug 21, 2020
Seems we are after these two midfielders. Personally, I would prefer Berge over Gilmour, he is taller and stronger, also add some hight on the midfield. Who would you sign if you are Potter, Berge or Gilmour? Or any other options that didn't appear yet?

One thing for sure, with Bissouma left, Long-term injury of Moder, and injury-prone Lallana/Mwepu, we do need an extra midfielder.

Forgot to mention, if Gilmour is the replacement of Mac Allister (who only have a year left on his contract and if he turndown the contact by the club), I think we have to sign them both then.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Forgot to mention, if Gilmour is the replacement of Mac Allister (who only have a year left on his contract and if he turndown the contact by the club), I think we have to sign them both then.

Some digging by dr AZ Gull indicates that there might be two years left on Alexis contract.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I still think it will be Jose Cifuentes rather than these 2 as we can never have enough from Ecuador.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Being 3 years older, Berge has the larger body of work upon which to judge. At 6' 4" (I think - 195cms), he also has the larger body, full stop. (little Billy is 170cms)

I'd opt for Berge, but if the club is interested in either (or both), I'd say that they would potentially have a preference for the younger player. Price comes into it as well of course. For the same fee & wages, Berge would be a better bet IMO, but assuming Gilmour would be cheaper, the equation could swing favour the other way depending upon just how much cheaper... I'm sure Tony's algorithms have it all in hand :)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
neither, want Alex Scott from Bristol City (no, not THAT one). naturally a bit more attack minded, but can also play those deeper roles, running the second phase, blocking space and breaking up play. also incredibly versatile, has player anywhere from winger to no10 to central midfield to wing back, which potter will love. absolutely incredible technique for an 18 y/o too, will be a star one day

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Definitely not Gilmour. He didn't impress at Norwich. I reckon his lack of physicality will hold back his career. Fine to be small in CM if you're Xavi or Iniesta, but you need to be good

Maybe Berge, I think that Grillitch fella looked more of a player, not sure if he's still available.

Maybe the answer though is for Alzate get a run in the side. He certainly looked the part whenever i've seen him

The other thing we is that have about a dozen 18 to 20 y/o CM's on their way through the academy, so unless someone is clearly better than those then i'm not sure we need more prospects in that department

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Berge is good

Gilmour looked lost last season, didn't even do the basics of a midfielder. Might turn out to be a bit of a luxury player which we couldn't afford to carry

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Neither.

Berg hasn’t really stood out to me, since he’s been in this country.
Gilmour not really good enough.

My first question to myself is whether either are better/different to what we have…….IMO they aren’t.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know enough about either player to vote but they both have names that would suggest them to be better suited to a Northern club rather than the flairfest that is the new Albion :smile:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
My work colleague Gurjit is a massive Chelsea fan, said Gilmour would be a quite superb addition for us.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Definitely not Gilmour. He didn't impress at Norwich. I reckon his lack of physicality will hold back his career. Fine to be small in CM if you're Xavi or Iniesta, but you need to be good

Maybe Berge, I think that Grillitch fella looked more of a player, not sure if he's still available.

Maybe the answer though is for Alzate get a run in the side. He certainly looked the part whenever i've seen him

The other thing we is that have about a dozen 18 to 20 y/o CM's on their way through the academy, so unless someone is clearly better than those then i'm not sure we need more prospects in that department

I thought the club had decided that Grillitsch would contravene the No D*ckheads rule?

Another vote here for a run for Alzate anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here