Sandaza

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Not all horses win the grand national. Some just stick to grazing.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
St Mirren are mid table in the SPL and their attendance tonight was @3,800. Not including the sheep that were grazing on the halfway line.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
...scored both goals for St Johnstone tonight, in their 2-0 win v Killie. Just saying...

So long as you are saying "we NEVER want him back!" I am happy with that. Good luck to the fella.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
What a season for the Saints though, currently fourth in the SPL - above the Jam tarts, Aberdeen and Hibs. Never understood those who slated Sandaza, but then whingeing and slagging off Brighton players is what Brighton fans do best. I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he did cop a bit of unnecessary flak imho.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The rumour site says that Bristol City are preparing a £1m bid for him in January.

How much? Blimey its true what they say about that rumours web site!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a season for the Saints though, currently fourth in the SPL - above the Jam tarts, Aberdeen and Hibs. Never understood those who slated Sandaza, but then whingeing and slagging off Brighton players is what Brighton fans do best. I'm not saying he was fantastic, but he did cop a bit of unnecessary flak imho.

I agree. He scored four goals in 19 appearances for us (only four starts). I don't know how many goals per minute that works out but I reckon it would be pretty high - certainly nothing to be ashamed of. Don't sure why he deserves some of these comments.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Better than Paynter and arguably as good as Barnes. League one player easily. Good for Fran, never got a proper chance here.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolutely spot on. He's MILES better than Paynter (it's not even close), he scored goals for us despite making very occasional and fitful appearances, and he worked hard.

He left acrimoneously because he felt he hadn't been given a fair chance. I have faith in Gus but you can understand his point of view from a personal level and I for one am pleased he's scoring regularly in the MTL.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
9 goals in 15 appearances. Not taking anything away from Fran but this shows how poor the SPL is.
is the correct answer. It's no coincidence that we also had Steve Thompson come down here with a big reputation from the SPL, appear quite a few times without ever performing and then return to the SPL where he is once again great. The SPL looks like a couple of championship sides, a couple of L1 sides, a few L2 sides and the rest conference.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
In most circumstances, Sandaza would have played more games for us last season. However he had niggling injuries at times he had opportunities and also when fit found himself behind two 20 goal strikers and another who got double figures.

When he played he was limited but had a knack of finding the net and being the fox in the box that most people had said we for years we needed.

In short I think he was unlucky with us and I am pleased to see him doing well now. If the Scot Prem is equivalent of the Championship or League 1 then it means he could well do a job for someone back down south and he may just (if surrounded by good players who get the ball into the box regularly) do a job for someone like Bristol City

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports