Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, it really won't.

We'll have appointed someone who went back on the deal.

That's all.
No, we announced something that wasn't finalised. We look very stupid.

In hindsight I look stupid!

It seems Lee has been a total arse, just one more reason to dislike all things Liverpool I guess.

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Given the circumstances, that's about as good a statement they could have put out.

It's interesting that there's a quote from Sammy acknowledging that he's to blame, "I am very sorry for the inconvenience and any embarrassment my change of mind, after the announcement was made, has caused.". Just a guess, but perhaps that was the quid pro quo that the club offered: "...allow us to put out quote from you acknowledging that you're in the wrong, or we'll hold you to your notice. Your call." type of thing.

Somewhat embarrassing for us, but it's clear that we've been done over. major;y embarrassing for Sammy and Saints.

Ho hum - we move on.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

From The Argus

A statement released by the club this morning said: "Brighton & Hove Albion are disappointed to announce that Sammy Lee - having agreed to join the club on Thursday - will not be taking up the position as assistant manager.

Chief executive Paul Barber commented: "It is extremely disappointing for the club, Sami Hyypia and those of us who worked hard to bring him here, that Sammy Lee has now reversed his decision after agreeing to become assistant manager.

No we don't look stupid.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Appreciate it's been announced & I'm a new poster unfortunately I think another club, a premier league club , have made an approach and despite announcements he's actually not signed .I think perhaps the club have jumped the gun .

Only time will tell I suppose .

Nice one, someone knows. Funny how all the LICKERS salivating over his appointment now going he wasn't much good anyway

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
turncoat little ****

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

He'd signed the contract, and Bolton Wanderers confirmed it with their own announcement. That's as final as it can get.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Phew. That was close.
I for one am glad.
Always thought he was a wonker.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Anyway, he'll be back in the Championship with Southampton soon if they keep selling their best players.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I hope I'm not alone in wishing Mr. Lee all the best having made a decision that suits his career aspirations, despite forcing him to go back on his word and let a number of people down.

I wish him the best; the best syphilis, the best diarrhoea, the best athletes foot, the best anal warts and the best ability to far-cough to Southampton and get verbally abused at every turn come that pre-season friendly at The Amex.

I'm not usually one for such vitriol but really, what an abject little chunt he's now proved himself to be. Far-cry toff.

Edit - oops! Not the most noteworthy of sentiments to reach my 1000th NSC post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here