Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammi more annoyed with Buckley than Ward

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think because there was an embargo until 12pm people thought something interesting might happen good or bad, but looking at Bozza's post there is always an embargo which few of us know beforehand.

Does not excuse some people leaping to the conclusion that Sami was unhappy and about to leave, though.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] - good report by the way, is this to be a regular feature or a one off?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What a waste of time, Buckley not trying hard, we've known that for months.

Sunderland tried to get him on the cheap in January , he knew it was just a case of biding his time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As said above, Leo showed how to do things and keep the fans respect, I hope Buckers hamstrings go in training if what Sami says is true.

Players come and go, the club remains. I have more respect for Glenn Murray than Bridcutt and Buckley right now.

Not too sure about that, Leo may have trained well but he looked completely uninterested at Lewes

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
So looking forward to meeting Sunderland in the Cup, please let it happen at the Amex.

I couldn't think of anything worse. 3 ex-Albion heroes all at once having the chance to firmly remind us how far we are from reaching the top.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Not too sure about that, Leo may have trained well but he looked completely uninterested at Lewes

I'd argue very few players give a shit about pre-season friendlies! For the most part the players who have given the most effort have been the youngsters and CMS. Regardless of all that, he certainly didn't pull a Bridders. Had Leicester refused to meet our asking price I'd be fairly confident in saying he'd still be with us now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I really wouldn't be surprised if Hyypia leaves and to be honest quite honest I wouldn't blame him at all. He has been sold this promising ambitious club that has a chance of pushing for the play offs/promotion

With respect, none of us know what was sold or not sold. For all we know he could have been told that we're selling all our big earners and those that command a decent fee and throwing everything at developing youth. So you are going to have to play a rearguard battle for the next 2/3 years. What comes out in the media and press conferences is for the fans benefit and might not always be accurate (cough!)

Although I doubt he was told anything like that, I'm not sure any of us can jump to conclusions or decide how happy he is (generally rather than specifically)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sounds like Sami saw what most of us saw last season with Buckley. Class when he turns up but largely absent.

Got the impression he wasn't bothered since Gus left, just biding his time waiting for the promised call. Be interesting to see his 'availability' this season. I always thought Gus was naïve, but very loyal to 'his' players. Whether that will work out for Buckley and Bridcutt still remains to be seen though.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He expected professionalism from Buckley.

Didn't get it.

Is disappointed.

Right on.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Got the impression he wasn't bothered since Gus left, just biding his time waiting for the promised call. Be interesting to see his 'availability' this season. I always thought Gus was naïve, but very loyal to 'his' players. Whether that will work out for Buckley and Bridcutt still remains to be seen though.

So far I would say not given the lack of game time for Brid last season

But may well be true, yes its clutching at straws - as is saying Ward hasnt actually signed for Burnley yet so we do have a small chance - who knows, the Championship is incredibly unpredictable.

And for the comparison, we have an on paper average team like them last season, admittedly more thin on numbers, its only fair to compare.

I think it showed the quality of Burnley's squad was badly underrated last season. You can make that argument about our squad now if you want - good luck with that

Excellent. Good idea. He writes very well - does he post on here?

:bigwave:

I've posted on here under a different username (and will continue to do so) for about seven years, but will be using this account for posting pieces to the content section. Thanks for the kind words!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Maybe Buckley didn't like the way hyypia was running things (no wingers) and couldn't wait to get away.

No.
He'd been tapped up by our former and much loved manager and downed tools, exactly the same as Bridcutt. Players now call the shots. Too much money and too much influence and far, far too little given back in return.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here