Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same shit, different day.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
It is indeed. Brace ourselves for another scrap at the bottom of the pile I think.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Sadly this is how I feel also after tonight. I know "defend as a team" and all that but if I were an Albion midfielder or forward I would go mental and eventually drop your head playing with our back five.

I know I have only played county league but one thing I always learnt as a centre half is that you can never carry a keeper in any side.........once you do this it infests through the side and everyone waits for each other and no one does nothing.

We have to cut Gus some major slack until transfer window, worst thing is Charlton were nothing special.

Absolutely gutted, last time I felt like this was when Hinshelwood was in charge.......gutted, gutted, gutted

Chazza12

Cranium Of Titanium
Mar 24, 2008
Tonight really told the boys from the men
charlton played quick football and most
of our lads couldn't keep up

One positive thing was to see el-abd go
off , he was awful , lets just hope Jim stays fit :)

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
IMO, under Poyet, we seem to sit too deep as a team and stand off the opposition until theyre in our half which then limits our attacking outlets, 2 or 3 times tonight we got crosses into their area but we only had 1 forward there to try to get on the end of it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
IMO, under Poyet, we seem to sit too deep as a team and stand off the opposition until theyre in our half which then limits our attacking outlets, 2 or 3 times tonight we got crosses into their area but we only had 1 forward there to try to get on the end of it.

Agree. At least three times in the second half I counted 6 Charlton players and only 2 Albion players in their penalty area when we were attacking.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003

In fairness under Slade we were even deeper, that said it has festered as a trait into the Albion that we sit far too deep, when you have a defence that lacks pace and is low on confidence the easiest thing is to sit deep and come on to the ball.................but as you say it then screws the rest of team as gaps between back to front becomes too large and midfielders are caught in the middle not knowing to go back on forwards!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here