Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same old Tories - completely out of touch

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A dam to hold back the sea ??? are you serious ??? Canute tried and failed:clap::clap:

There's plenty of dams around the world holding back the sea. What you on about?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh dear.....I assume you believe you are owed a living...The parasites are the people(like you ?) who feel they are owed a living by others.

You may think you are being satirically witty - or even wittily sarcastic - but you appear to have got that wrong too.

Buying a house you can afford, but don't need to live in, then sitting back, doing nothing except collecting a profit from it - are you starting to recognise the real meaning of the word 'parasite' now? Probably not, but at least you have had it explained to you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe HT is an 'accidental' landlord. Nowhere near 'buy-to-let' chancers who are in the top ten of public hates.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Maybe HT is an 'accidental' landlord. Nowhere near 'buy-to-let' chancers who are in the top ten of public hates.

I believe he is an accidental landlord, in fact pretty sure, I'm also certain that he doesn't gift his "accidental property " at less than market rate either! And btw I'm a private tenant so more than qualified to discuss what it's like dealing with accidental or multiple property owners!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I believe he is an accidental landlord, in fact pretty sure, I'm also certain that he doesn't gift his "accidental property " at less than market rate either!

Of course, landlords would never have a 'civil' conscience, well 99% of them. I agree

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm a buy-to-let landlord, and I've consistently lowered the rent of my property each year for the last 3 years despite the average going up quite considerably in my area. I'm not in the business to make a fortune. I cover the mortgage to the penny virtually and make zero profit.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I'm a buy-to-let landlord, and I've consistently lowered the rent of my property each year for the last 3 years despite the average going up quite considerably in my area. I'm not in the business to make a fortune. I cover the mortgage to the penny virtually and make zero profit.

Then you are a very laudable owner that deserves the profit eventually on your increased property value. Hopefully.
I wont change my mind though I don't like the professional buy to let owner. Too many are not civil minded. Far from it!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just like I showed in an earlier post that rents can be adequately controlled I'd recommend a dam for your latter conundrum. Next

i dont recall you showed anything, but i like your point.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Buying a house you can afford, but don't need to live in, then sitting back, doing nothing except collecting a profit from it - are you starting to recognise the real meaning of the word 'parasite' now? Probably not, but at least you have had it explained to you.
...I wont change my mind though I don't like the professional buy to let owner.

who do you think is going to provide the rental property for those that want or need to rent? should all housing be provided by the state?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Then you are a very laudable owner that deserves the profit eventually on your increased property value. Hopefully.

Thanks.

I suppose I'm a bit different in that I didn't buy the property specifically for investment. I used to live in it but got re-located to the other end of the country, but wanted to keep it in case I moved back again. I'm just interested in covering my mortgage on it and nothing else. Initially I was renting it out at the going rate for the area (a bit more than my mortgage) but I've since ditched having a lettings agent and been able to drop rent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here