Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Same line, every time, never funny.

Sonic

Spiky little bugger!
Jul 6, 2003
Patcham
I used to have a boss who had a standard joke that he thought was hilarious. If ever you had the misfortune to be stood next to him in the gents, he would inevitably say 'So this is where the big nobs hang out'. You could tell that he thought he was a comedy genius. I always wanted to correct him and tell him that he was a big prick, but didn't fancy being dismissed.

Do any other NSCers have a friend, colleague, family member who has a constantly repeated, predictable, unfunny line?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When I do the banking at work, one of the tellars at the Post Office will count out, for example, the £1000 bag of £20 notes, and when he counts the last one, he looks up and goes,

"Only just enough."

Unfortunately, I'm no better, as I've started replying with "Nearly too many."

Neither of us are funny, but at least I know it.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
When I worked in a shop annd used to check the note's when taking payment, the line that I always got was "Should be ok I've only just printed them". Trying to politely laugh to that everytime without saying :censored: off, do you know how many times I've heard that today.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Gritt23 said:
When I do the banking at work, one of the tellars at the Post Office will count out, for example, the £1000 bag of £20 notes, and when he counts the last one, he looks up and goes,

"Only just enough."

Unfortunately, I'm no better, as I've started replying with "Nearly too many."

Neither of us are funny, but at least I know it.

Good work!!:lolol:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Sonic said:
I used to have a boss who had a standard joke that he thought was hilarious. If ever you had the misfortune to be stood next to him in the gents, he would inevitably say 'So this is where the big nobs hang out'. You could tell that he thought he was a comedy genius. I always wanted to correct him and tell him that he was a big prick, but didn't fancy being dismissed.

Do any other NSCers have a friend, colleague, family member who has a constantly repeated, predictable, unfunny line?

There's this guy on NSC who posts the same endless schtick about a 'lardy jocko clown' and 'the clipboard kid'. He refuses to vary according to circumstances and seems incapable of posting anything else.

However, a large numbers of NSCers find this same joke funny every time it's told.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
555kaz said:
When I worked in a shop annd used to check the note's when taking payment, the line that I always got was "Should be ok I've only just printed them". Trying to politely laugh to that everytime without saying :censored: off, do you know how many times I've heard that today.

I have worked in shops for about 8 years and you get an endless stream of twats making shit jokes and thinking you will laugh. I just stand there either ignoring it like I havn't heard or completely stoney faced, not even trying to crack a smile.

Re: Re: Same line, every time, never funny.

DJ Leon said:
There's this guy on NSC who posts the same endless schtick about a 'lardy jocko clown' and 'the clipboard kid'. He refuses to vary according to circumstances and seems incapable of posting anything else.

However, a large numbers of NSCers find this same joke funny every time it's told.
True, true.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The saying that annoys me is when you need some odd change like 5p on £3.05 and you ask do you want the odd when tendering a £10 note, the assistant says 'if you have it' ffs if I didnt have it I wouldn't ask if you wanted it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sonic said:

WHAT? :ohmy:

NSC only EXISTS to constantly repeat predictable unfunny lines. I'm thinking, oh, off the top of me head:

- 'Ringtones'
- 'Fixtures'
- 'Ive always been a staunch supporter of Mark McGhee but...'
- 'Lets all get behind the team next saturday'
- 'Reality Check'
- 'That really shit player, the dud signing, hes One For The Future'

Who would have it any other way? :lol:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Tom Hark said:

NSC only EXISTS to constantly repeat predictable unfunny lines. I'm thinking, oh, off the top of me head:

- 'Ringtones'
- 'Fixtures'
- 'Reality Check'

Fixtures. ;)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

Tom Hark said:

- 'Ringtones'
- 'Fixtures'
- 'Reality Check'

FACT

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My source or contacts

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
The greatest one to backfire was the twat at an airport that mentioned he had a gun in his violin case. He was totally surprised to find himself surrounded by armed police, bundled away in a van and given a prison sentence.

Now that WAS funny - but he wasn't laughing.

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
At the mention of every bloke who has ever kicked a ball.

Could do a job? :lolol:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
A guy at football. Has to climb a ladder to hook the net up to the goal and every time its..

"You know *insert name here*, this isn't my real ladder...

no no..

it's my step ladder."

Que the entire team laughing hysterically because we all knew it was coming but is/was never the less quite funny.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here