Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SAM RENTS - Left out again!

coops

Dec 28, 2005
newhaven
Not even on the bench for todays game. Having watched last weeks debacle when he came on at h/t and played left back thought he was our best player. Then Wendy switched him to right midfield......what has he done to annoy WILKINS?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not even on the bench for todays game. Having watched last weeks debacle when he came on at h/t and played left back thought he was our best player. Then Wendy switched him to right midfield......what has he done to annoy WILKINS?

perhaps he is one of those described as "too fragile" by Wilkins after last week. I think Wilkins has treated him terribly this season

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
slept with his daughter?

just one of those that wilkins seems to have a problem with - although admittedly he has been poor since coming back in

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Wilkins seems a stubborn bastard - he seems to have some sort of list of players he doesn't like, who won't get a game for that reason!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I like Sam Rents but he is not the strongest left back - may be that is the thinking with Dean - after all it is the defense!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I like Sam Rents but he is not the strongest left back - may be that is the thinking with Dean - after all it is the defense!!

Quite. It is not as if he has been frozen out from day one. I don't think anyone could argue a case for him vs Richards earlier on in the season and he has looked a bit too weak to make it his spot at the moment. Better at left-wing back (if we were to play 5-3-2) or left midfield for the time being, but we have better options or at least did until the injury and player departure crisis.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I agree with Coops, he played superbly at leftback until he was switched and we look much more of a potent attacking threat with him in the side. He links up brilliantly with Cox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here