Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock signs for BHAFC 4 Year Deal!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
This is excellent news, a lot of attacking options open to us now, cannot wait for Saturday :O

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if CMS was gone on deadline day.

Hope he doesn't though.
But that would leave us with 3 strikers, only 2 of which are capable of playing to the (well lush) style of play Sami is introducing.

How can NSC spend all summer screaming how light we are in strikers, and then want to have a revolving door policy.

We have the same amount now as last season, and that's when we only played one man in the opposition half.

After 70 minutes a defense that has been run ragged by say Colunga and CMS will have to put up with Baldock and KLL.
Someones gonna get their arses handed to them, this season.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
But that would leave us with 3 strikers, only 2 of which are capable of playing to the (well lush) style of play Sami is introducing.

How can NSC spend all summer screaming how light we are in strikers, and then want to have a revolving door policy.

We have the same amount now as last season, and that's when we only played one man in the opposition half.

After 70 minutes a defense that has been run ragged by say Colunga and CMS will have to put up with Baldock and KLL.
Someones gonna get their arses handed to them, this season.

Warrren said we're bringing in a Worldy, surely thats not Baldock :shrug:

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Got to feel a bit sorry for Bristol City fans. I hate it when we lose players we want to keep.

Still happy days he's another clever, sharp player who fits the new style.

Depends whether you live in Bristol, because I am loving this news a tad more than some of my city loving friends.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I don't buy this CMS "must be out then" idea. Albion now have 4 first choice strikers which gives SH plenty of options .
He will also play some of them together with more needed on the bench. We played CMS on Saturday with COG on the bench. We played Colunga and COG together last night. Colunga/CMS together on Saturday with Baldock on the bench ? Or COG as an impact sub. Its starting to look very promising.
And we don't want to have to resort to the Obika/Lita emergency loan route if anyone is injured/suspended which is inevitable in a 46 game season and with a couple of cup runs to boot.
This strikeforce of 4 was presumably the target given to Burke's team, especially when the club decided to (reluctantly) sell Ulloa and release Hoskins in the summer.
Now CMS might still be sold, especially if there is a big offer and especially because he has a year to go on his contract but more likely Fenelon out on loan.
And even if we did sell CMS we'd have to replace him.

As for Warren Aspinall "massive" striker. Did he mean "massive" by height/build or "massive" in terms of fee/record ? (ie: Baldock then who is someone he admits he's scouted many times for the club).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I AM GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF BLOOM, BARBER AND BURKE. WE HAVE SIGNED NO ONE IN THIS TRANSFER WINDOW!! :rant:

I'm off to change my bedsheets AGAIN!

So am I. It's been a whole HOUR.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can't believe I missed that last night! Can you remember what context it was said in? , exact words if possible!

Missed it myself, only from what I read on here earlier.

Maybe I exaggerated with the term ''Worldy'' but the word ''massive'' was used I don't think he meant his weight or height.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bristol City CEO saying they turned down our SIX previous offers over the summer.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Absolutely delighted with baldock signing...Very intelligent player that will fit like a glove in our system...Just brilliant and can't wait til saturday.

P.S CMS is going nowhere and that's our business done now i would suspect :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here