Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Baldock moves to Reading {CONFIRMED}

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The great positive for Sam is that even if they miss out on promotion or the playoffs, he might still be able to crowd surf a celebratory pitch invasion.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
No love lost from you lot I see :D

Pleased with the signing, think he'll do well in a front two with Bodvarsson.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

FWIW I have no problem with Reading FC, well since Adkins and Pardew have left at least.

You indeed have a decent signing, won't be the main man infront of goal, but decent none the less.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He can be under appreciated because he isn't one of those players that immediately attracts the eye, but his movement, speed, link play, finding space and carrying a threat were vital for our 2 top 3 finish campaigns. When he didn't play our forward play suffered as he finds those holes to drop into.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Free money time again as no doubt he will score on friday night and jolly good luck to you Mr Baldock

0_Sam-Baldock.jpg

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Footie fans do like to bear a grudge, I mean look at us and Palace, we managed to keep it alive through 25 years of hardly ever playing them. Anyway, if you can keep Sam fit you have landed a decent player; he deserves some good luck.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Very likeable player who deserves regular first team football and he'll probably get that at Reading.

Sad for him that he never really got a chance in the Premier League but I suspect the Championship is his level, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's a decent league.

Good luck Sam.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Just told my 4 year old Sam's gone and he's absolutely devastated, tears and everything. He was his favourite player, always plays as him, poster on the wall and everything. However, I went through the squad to find his new favourite player and it turns out it's David Button and all's good again?!

Have to confess that your 4 year old has a greater knowledge of Albion players than myself who had to google to see if we had a player called David Button. My BAD fan :down:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
£1m would have been an absolute pisstake. £5m (if it rises to that) is much more like it - in fact, I'd have probably taken £3m. TB has played a blinder. I was scratching my head at the 3 year deal Baldock got last summer (while he was still in the treatment room), but it has clearly served to secure a very decent return on him. Thats a good bit of business by the club.

He probably deserves better than a tinpot noddy club thats perpetually scratching around at the arse-end of the 2nd division. The delusional grizzling biscuit-botherers should count themselves lucky a player of his calibre has agreed to sign for them. I hope they have a thoroughly miserable season, but Sam has a good one personally.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

I don't mind Reading, but that's a pretty dull opinion to give so I haven't commented so far.

I think it is a shame so many of your fans think he is a poor signing. Fair enough he probably won't bag you 30 goals but he's a good player who'd be an asset to most clubs in the Championship.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't mind Reading, but that's a pretty dull opinion to give so I haven't commented so far.

I think it is a shame so many of your fans think he is a poor signing. Fair enough he probably won't bag you 30 goals but he's a good player who'd be an asset to most clubs in the Championship.
If you were around in the Goldstone days you wouldn't like Reading trust me.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've taken 9/2 on Reading to be relegated this season. Their squad is absolutely terrible, they have a reasonable goalkeeper for that level in Vito Mannone but the rest of the squad is really, really poor.

http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/eng/2018-2019/flcham/reading.htm

I don't dislike Reading, I have no specific feelings about them as a club but I do find this squad to be up there with the Brighton squad of 14/15. Really, really poor quality.

theroyal

May 11, 2014

Yes, but you have to remember that a good portion of our fans are complete morons.

Fans that were kids when we smashed the Championship in 05/06 and finished 8th in the Premier League in 06/07. They're now teenagers/early 20s and have vastly over-inflated opinion of the stature of the club and think we should be signing big name players. I like to call them the "Stone Island crew".

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I've taken 9/2 on Reading to be relegated this season. Their squad is absolutely terrible, they have a reasonable goalkeeper for that level in Vito Mannone but the rest of the squad is really, really poor.

http://www.footballsquads.co.uk/eng/2018-2019/flcham/reading.htm

I don't dislike Reading, I have no specific feelings about them as a club but I do find this squad to be up there with the Brighton squad of 14/15. Really, really poor quality.

I think Clement has focused on bringing in strong characters and leaders this summer, rather than adding quality. We have a lot of players who on their day, are very good, like Swift, Kelly, Barrow, Bacuna. They are just very inconsistent and mentally weak when the chips are down. The squad is probably better than last year (which says a lot). I'm expecting a slightly more solid team but not one that will challenge for anything. Bottom half but not in any real danger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here