Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Salt and Jordan to leave Sussex... and now Ben Brown

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
That's that then, Brown has been holding our meagre batting together for the last few years.

So sorry to see him go while the club " announce " the odd youth and second 11 player's signing on for another year or two...joke club.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Frees up a space for another schoolboy to play in the First XI thus saving the county a bit of money. Didn't he average sixty-something last season? Can't have people like that playing for Sussex, the members and fans might start expecting the team to win the odd Championship game.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
... and good luck for the future.

Not sure how Sussex have managed to cock this one up: a good Sussex lad on his way. Bet Matt Prior is doing his nut.

Garton batting at no 3 next year? :rant::rant:

Was going to suggest a meet up next season (curry optional).

I think we may need to bring our whites.

Ben Brown going is not good news.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Going by Rob Andrew’s interview in The Cricketer , there’s a replacement lined up.
Can’t believe we’d have let him go without one

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Absolute fiasco - this season Sussex were scraping the bottom along with other bottom feeders like Derbyshire and Leicestershire. Next year they'll just be fielding children, albeit some quite talented children, whose confidence will be smashed to smithereens by a series of 2 day innings + defeats to the likes of .........you guessed it, Leicestershire and Derbyshire. Who, in their right minds, would pay to watch that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This was always going to happen once they sacked BB as captain and expected him to stand alongside the new captain and provide guidance and support. As far a I could see he did this with the utmost professionalism despite the chaos around him.

The club couldn’t afford to pay him off so it became a waiting game with the club making life uncomfortable for him until he’d had enough.

Let’s hear what Prior has to say!!

Jul 7, 2003
Do you live in Sussex?
Do you own a cricket bat?

If so, Sussex CCC could have an exciting opportunity for you next summer...

Will need to have a DBS check as you will be working with children.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
It’s a shame to see key players go, but it hurts even more when it’s one of your own. Ben was treated so poorly last season to no end, results didn’t pick up and we have a temporary captain next season for the CC.

Having said that, Rizwan and Head for all formats does look good on paper. This does seem to be the end of David Wiese though, which is disappointing. A wicket keeper and batsman for all formats is needed more. I also imagine we’ll be seeing more of Jofra next season as he builds back his fitness.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. I thought this was going to be another thread about Katie Prick :facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Going by Rob Andrew’s interview in The Cricketer , there’s a replacement lined up.
Can’t believe we’d have let him go without one

He is so full of S**T, his eyes are Brown (not Ben Brown).
Doesn't give a shit about Sussex CCC, just his salary and his ego

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It’s a shame to see key players go, but it hurts even more when it’s one of your own. Ben was treated so poorly last season to no end, results didn’t pick up and we have a temporary captain next season for the CC.

Having said that, Rizwan and Head for all formats does look good on paper. This does seem to be the end of David Wiese though, which is disappointing. A wicket keeper and batsman for all formats is needed more. I also imagine we’ll be seeing more of Jofra next season as he builds back his fitness.

I'd put any such hopes about Archer out of your head, tbh.

It will be a cycle of:

1. Rehab
2. 1 County 2nd XI game
3. 1 50 or 20 over game
4. Rushed back for a struggling England
5. Two good Tests
6. Get injured, GOTO 1

Until at some point in a year or three, he'll stay fit for a summer, then move to Surrey.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
... and good luck for the future.

Not sure how Sussex have managed to cock this one up: a good Sussex lad on his way. Bet Matt Prior is doing his nut.

Garton batting at no 3 next year? :rant::rant:

I was at Michael Yardy's testimonial at the Amex and watched as Matt Prior went through a set of double doors, followed by Ben Brown flicking the Vs behind his back. Who knows what passes for changing room bants, but didn't look that friendly to me.

To be honest this is something I would expect from those Hampshire cricket sorts.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At least the wage bill will be tiny, you don’t have to pay children as much. So that’s good.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ahead of a tough 2022 season, the team gets together for a team-building sing-song

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No worries - we can still put out a team .............................

......................... in the school holidays anyway.

From the Argus, June 2022:

"Sussex's game against Derbyshire has had to be postponed as five First Team team members are on a Geography field trip. Also four more have been grounded for going to a party at a friend's house when they told their parents they were all at batting practice. One more has decided he doesn't want to play this week as he wants to go to Alton Towers for his birthday."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here