Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Sajid Javid resigns as Chancellor of the Exchequer

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't look at me. I voted for chaos with Ed Miliband.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
the majority didn't vote Conservative

The majority who voted did in the context of our system of government. Can split hairs and pendant as much as want but he won fair and square. It matters not our system is broken and not fit for 1920 let alone 2020. BJ was chosen by us. Which means enough of us are divided enough not to prevent his appointment and deserve who we got therefore.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
What on earth is wrong with him getting in his team Have no doubt new Labour leader will appoint his/her own shadow team. Never seen anything so stupid as Corbyn having as his deputy Watson who disagreed with most things

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh I don't care, I couldn't stand Javid anyway. I don't think there was anything special about him worth getting our knickers in a twist over.

They're all a bunch of idiots in that Tory front bench anyway. To be honest I think Cummings is the most talented one of the lot of them

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
About time Dominic Cummings got kicked into touch, wields way too much power

Agreed ..... along with all 'special advisors'. Blair had Campbell and May had that disgusting duo ( can't remember their names ). Politicians shouldn't be allowed 'special advisors'. The civil service is there to advise ..... not some jumped up twats from Oxbridge with political bias.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
So President Cummings gets what he wants without being democratically elected. Nice job if you can get it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed ..... along with all 'special advisors'. Blair had Campbell and May had that disgusting duo ( can't remember their names ). Politicians shouldn't be allowed 'special advisors'. The civil service is there to advise ..... not some jumped up twats from Oxbridge with political bias.

About the best thing that can be said is that all 'special advisors' eventually fly too close to the sun and crash and burn in particularly graceless fashion. The Cummings one should be particularly fun!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
dominic cummings.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh I don't care, I couldn't stand Javid anyway. I don't think there was anything special about him worth getting our knickers in a twist over.

They're all a bunch of idiots in that Tory front bench anyway. To be honest I think Cummings is the most talented one of the lot of them

I didn’t like Javid, but don’t you find it disturbing that an unelected advisor has so much power in number 10?
As has been said experienced civil servants are there to advise, and ministers can ignore their advice.
Cummings marched one of Johnson’s advisors out of number 10 with an armed guard. She wasn’t exactly protesting.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Depends what you mean by talented I guess.

Realising that you can win if you put all normal political practice out of the window and are prepared to lie and then double down on your lies is not really a 'talent' as such.

For me he's a two-a-penny advertising executive/ brand manager/arrogant bellcheese type, that has made the switch to politics, and brought the ethics and practices of that business with him. The only addition being his immense ego and sense of entitlement.

He thinks he's clever, but he's mistaken being ruthless and focussed and 'enough of an an ******** not to care about the damage he's doing' with 'being clever'.

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
It would be quite easy to get rid of Cummings.

Corbyn every PMQ's to suggest Cummings is really in charge of the country and address PM as Cummings' Secretary and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, eventually Ego will get better of Johnson.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I didn’t like Javid, but don’t you find it disturbing that an unelected advisor has so much power in number 10?
As has been said experienced civil servants are there to advise, and ministers can ignore their advice.
Cummings marched one of Johnson’s advisors out of number 10 with an armed guard. She wasn’t exactly protesting.

From Wikipedia:

'After university, Cummings moved to post-Soviet Russia from 1994 to 1997, working on various projects'

Anyone else smell fish? ???

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
The majority who voted did in the context of our system of government. Can split hairs and pendant as much as want but he won fair and square. It matters not our system is broken and not fit for 1920 let alone 2020. BJ was chosen by us. Which means enough of us are divided enough not to prevent his appointment and deserve who we got therefore.

Agree.

There is one truism of politics that holds true even when others fail in these tortured times

"you get the politicians you deserve"

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It would be quite easy to get rid of Cummings.

Corbyn every PMQ's to suggest Cummings is really in charge of the country and address PM as Cummings' Secretary and Prime Minister Boris Johnson, eventually Ego will get better of Johnson.
That's not a bad idea! :lolol:

Conversely, it could be that Cummings is the only one out of the whole lot of 'em who actually knows what he's doing!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Its not exactly news that civil servants run things behind the scenes. Politicians are good at making speeches and kissing babies but there still isn't much evidence they're good at running the country.

I have no doubt that Cummings is a major ********. But he might be a talented ********, and I haven't ruled out yet that he actually wants to make a positive difference to the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here