Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints Fans in Dicks Bar

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes...young woodingdean gull was not impressed.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a supporters bar so I guess anyone is allowed in.

The frustrating thing was to see the barrel of their local ale sitting on the counter, unopened, when every hand-pump in Dicks had run dry.

"It's for after the match" was what I was told.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Errr!! And we Brighton fans have never been in a supporters bar at someone elses ground, whether allowed or not!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Errr!! And we Brighton fans have never been in a supporters bar at someone elses ground, whether allowed or not!!

And in all fairness, I'm sure they needed a drink.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I always thought Dick's bar was exclusive invitation only, never realised it was open to anyone.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Well there were Burnley fans in there prior to the match earlier in the season, don't know about other games as it has been the only game i was in there prior to kick-off so far.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I can usually put up with away supporters in Dicks Bar and often have a chat with them. But, when they take the piss and start singing shit like "When the saints..." then I get really pissed off. Anyone apart from the big SCC and Palace I'm ok with, but in response to an earlier post, NO, I would not go into a home supporters bar, I would have more respect. (Except of course, somewhere like Doncaster, etc.)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The frustrating thing was to see the barrel of their local ale sitting on the counter, unopened, when every hand-pump in Dicks had run dry.

"It's for after the match" was what I was told.
Will it keep for next season ???

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

This. I very much appreciated the hospitalty we got at Gilingham and various other grounds such as Walsall etc... maybe just ban palace ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here