Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints confirm Hoddle Interest

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Back luck the Saints - worst manager I have ever seen.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
This would be a bad move for the saints, I say never go back.

Thought Micky Adams might fancy this one, what with Leicester heading back to div one, would offer a more stable environment for him to demonstrate what a great manager he is at the top level.

Think it would be an ideal stepping stone for him, a bit of money to spend and a chance to go from the best young manager in the premiership to one of the top jobs in a couple of years time.

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
Adams could well take over then but he won't leave Leicester early and Southampton won't wait if Strachan does leave early

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Micky Adams is the favourite for the job. I saw the Hoddle interview he said he would not go back if the fans were against him.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
CAFC Matt said:
Muppets. Why re-employ someone who has already walked out on ya I will never know :nono:

Yup. How can a chairman be so crass as to go down that route when Hoddle's done the dirty on the fans once already. Wot a bunch of losers. I mean, it's not like he's even a decent manager :dunce:

Gullet

Feb 8, 2004
Bevendean
I also think that Adams would take the job if Strachan stays till the summer.With his past connections with the club he would be a popular choice. I dont think it would matter whether Leicester go down or not, he knows that he would be facing another battle against relegation again next year anyway, whereas the Saints have more quality and depth about their squad.He'd really relish it.
As for Hoddle, the most memorable thing he's remembered for is losing the 3 goal lead to Tranmere.Says it all really.
:tosser:

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
Hoddle tried to justify leaving for Spurs by saying that was the only club he would have left Saints for. Bollocks to that Glenn, as if anyone will believe that !

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
I dont really like Southampton but will will them to win if Adams goes there. I cant really see any reason for him not going.
They are a stable Prem team who have the potential to finish in the top 8. Not serious financial problems. Good ground. He is loved by the fans. Im noit sure anymore if Leicester will stay up, I beleived Adams would do enough to ensure that. Even if they do I think he will be off. I can see Strachan leaving early and Lowe putting a caretaker in charge.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Expect the announcement today...Rupert and Glennda have been saying all of the sickly things that are meant to appeal to Saints fans: G: "Only club I'd have left for," "Left the club in a much stronger position than I inherited," :sick:

I think the deal has been done and what we're seeing is the media show to prepare the fans for the inevitable. Having said all that-I don't give a shit about them and who they appoint!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Either way, I think you'll find the identity of Southampton's new manager for next season will be deemed far far far more important by those twats at Meridian than our own poxy little issue of the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here