Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Safe standing

el punal

All these grounds with safe standing the atmosphere is 1000 % better.we need it at the amex for next season no doubt

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

No, that does not make the atmosphere better. Playing exciting, attractive football and scoring goals does. If you think I’m going to stand for 90 minutes in the vertigo ridden West Upper then think again. Anyway, the North Stand is all standing (most of it), the South Stand for away fans is. It really makes no difference, what happens on the pitch does.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No, that does not make the atmosphere better. Playing exciting, attractive football and scoring goals does. If you think I’m going to stand for 90 minutes in the vertigo ridden West Upper then think again. Anyway, the North Stand is all standing (most of it), the South Stand for away fans is. It really makes no difference, what happens on the pitch does.

Absolutely.

The 'almost all standing' Norff atmosphere has been somewhat subdued in recent times due to the entertainment served up. A bigger priority imho is to get some sort of unity and sing the same song, at the same time, in the same tempo.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Scoring goals would do most to help the atmosphere [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Absolutely.

The 'almost all standing' Norff atmosphere has been somewhat subdued in recent times due to the entertainment served up. A bigger priority imho is to get some sort of unity and sing the same song, at the same time, in the same tempo.

This. Having sat across the north over recent seasons the biggest factor is obvious - complete lack of unity between the central fans and west end, and seemingly neither big group seems arsed about changing that. As well as the shyte being served up on the pitch at home over what seems like forever now, of course.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, I agree with that bit. I was replying to your comment along the lines of safe standing would enable like minded noisy fans to congregate together. That is no more the case than it is now.

I just think that the sort of fan that chooses to have a safe standing ticket rather than a seat would be far more likely to be a noisy fan, so it’d bring them all together to the safe standing blocks - which would presumably be adjacent blocks in the NS.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
The away stand is an interesting one as almost all away fans stand for 90 mins but if you made that safe standing it would remove the theoretical choice for away fans to sit if they wish.

The away sections at Anfield, Man City, Tottenham and the section we will be in for Wolves are all safe standing sections only

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The away sections at Anfield, Man City, Tottenham and the section we will be in for Wolves are all safe standing sections only

Anfield wasn’t safe standing back in October. Have they changed it mid season?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anfield wasn’t safe standing back in October. Have they changed it mid season?

I'm not sure the away section at Man City or Wolves is for away fans. Would seem to be a bit bizarre to provide rail seating for away fans that stand anyway. Surely the trial will be for home fans in certain areas.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I'm not sure the away section at Man City or Wolves is for away fans. Would seem to be a bit bizarre to provide rail seating for away fans that stand anyway. Surely the trial will be for home fans in certain areas.

The section I'm in for City game is safe standing and Spurs is definitely safe standing.

Not bizarre at all ... if just makes standing safer.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Are you being a bit obtuse or am I being a bit thick, but surely safe standing is required exactly where people are ALREADY standing, if not, what's the point?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That video was brilliant - anyone else going to wear a tie and jacket to the next game....

Indeed. Some really bad dentistry on the kop though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are you being a bit obtuse or am I being a bit thick, but surely safe standing is required exactly where people are ALREADY standing, if not, what's the point?

Not really, the OP started the thread on the basis that safe standing will improve atmosphere not that it will reduce injuries. It's been done to death time and time again but no one can produce figures showing injuries caused by falling over seats.

And I would argue what's the point when there aren't hundreds of injuries reported around the grounds!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here