Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Safe standing trials in Prem?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
When I was younger I loved a good terrace. I'm doddery now, and need to sit for games. Bloomin' annoying when those n front of you stand in your view. Even had a junior stood on a seat in front of me at Reading once. Excellent. But I still support safe standing. It would allow old farts like me to get a seat in an area where most would sit.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I was younger I loved a good terrace. I'm doddery now, and need to sit for games. Bloomin' annoying when those n front of you stand in your view. Even had a junior stood on a seat in front of me at Reading once. Excellent. But I still support safe standing. It would allow old farts like me to get a seat in an area where most would sit.

Yes, me too. Now, I couldn't put in a two hour plus stint o a terrace, even if I was leaning on one of the barriers!

Will always vote for safe standing, though, for those that want it*. Can't see it happening, because clubs will start asking what have we got to gain financially from it? When the answer comes back that there won't be any gain, they won't bother doing it.

* Come to think of it, I'd vote for ordinary terrace standing to come back, if it was an option. After all, the Taylor report was basically a knee jerk reaction, from a well-paid public servant toadying up to a vindictive government that didn't like football, or football fans anyway. 'They're not one of us........'

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO ,safe standing which i am all for,will only work for everyone,club and fan,if the area is cheaper and you can get more fans into that area.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
IMO ,safe standing which i am all for,will only work for everyone,club and fan,if the area is cheaper and you can get more fans into that area.

The club will have to pay to remove the seats, fit rails and then fit a fold up plastic seat, so there is expense involved. The space will be exactly the same, so there won't be any more fans.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The club will have to pay to remove the seats, fit rails and then fit a fold up plastic seat, so there is expense involved. The space will be exactly the same, so there won't be any more fans.

I understand all of that .My view is that to allow fans ,who perhaps cannot afford "The seat price ",then IMO ,the only way this will work,is make it affordable and to offset the expenditure, increase the numbers..........this probably will not be allowed,and hence will not help the club or the fan,maybe a younger fan to watch his team ......!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here