Sad day - end of an era

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well - our oldest is off to university. They say it is the purpose of parenting - simply preparing your offspring to leave the nest. And she is ready to go. But it is still sad - and the end of an era. All being well - our youngest is off next year. I know these days it is likely one or both of them will be back unable to afford their own home - but it is likely they will no longer live back in the parental home.

It does not seem five minutes since our daughter was born - let alone first day at school, first Albion match (at the Goldstone), secondary school and all that. So parents - enjoy the years - they go by quickly.

Anyway - just thought I would share that with you.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its incredible to think that I'll be in that situation some day - and it seem like light years away...but having said that it seems like he was born yesterday and tomorrow is his second birthday!

Well done DKM for getting her successfully to the start of her adult life!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Good luck to her.

It was my two older ones first day back at school today and I was looking at them wondering where the time has gone.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Our eldest has just graduated and our youngest has decided not to go to Uni.

They are both working.

Those years have flown by but on the upside I can start spending some of my money on me! :)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I hav'nt quite reached that stage yet but it wont be that many years now before they'll be flying the nest and making they're own way in life. It's quite strange watching my sons grow into little men because in my eyes they'll allways be my little boys.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Well - our oldest is off to university. They say it is the purpose of parenting - simply preparing your offspring to leave the nest. And she is ready to go. But it is still sad - and the end of an era. All being well - our youngest is off next year. I know these days it is likely one or both of them will be back unable to afford their own home - but it is likely they will no longer live back in the parental home.

It does not seem five minutes since our daughter was born - let alone first day at school, first Albion match (at the Goldstone), secondary school and all that. So parents - enjoy the years - they go by quickly.

time does indeed fly. but she'll be back...alot:D

where is she off to uni then?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We got the forms through this morning to apply for my lads first school. Doesn't seem right he's only just 3 and in a years time he will be off to school. Quite exciting though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Leeds. Which is a student party capital by all accounts. For a girl from the south I am sure it will be good to experience life oop north. She may even settle up there I suppose.

She'll have an amazing time in Leeds, Oceana for all her big student nights out on the :drink:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We got the forms through this morning to apply for my lads first school. Doesn't seem right he's only just 3 and in a years time he will be off to school. Quite exciting though.

Well that is one thing I won't miss - the stress of school selection. You are in a good place though.

And she had a great time at the V-Festival - thanks again tinx.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mads started school last week and took it all in her stride wonderfully well - probably better, if I'm honest, than the parents!

She absolutely loves both school and her uniform - long may it last.

I have to concur with everyone else though - just where has these 5 years gone?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Our eldest is off next Saturday.

1 down, 3 to go!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Mads started school last week and took it all in her stride wonderfully well - probably better, if I'm honest, than the parents!

A real m,ilestone that is. Now they really do start making their own friends - rather than the offspring of parents you get on with.

I do remember our daughters first day at school - and leaving her in floods of tears as they would not let her keep her little teddy with her ......... it must have been traumatic. But she survived.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time and motion waits for no-one, it seems incredible that Junior has started his GCSE year

Who gives a f***:tosser:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wise words Mumm. We're expecting our first in a couple of months, I'll cherish every day.

My brother went to Leeds and had a fantastic time, she'll have a ball. Quite literally, there are several a year by all accounts.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Leeds. Which is a student party capital by all accounts. For a girl from the south I am sure it will be good to experience life oop north. She may even settle up there I suppose.

Good uni.

Yes it is a good idea to experience life north of the watford gap.

Alas I couldn't take the cold and extra darkness(in my eyes anyway) and decided to go to UCL in London.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Blimey - we've got all that to come - although people have started asking me about it already! yikes!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
laura has started her second year and received an excellent end of year report and evaluation from her Mentor for last year's efforts , so she is dead chuffed.

Bex is off on Sunday to Brunel - foundation course in Technology and maths:eek:.

I do know my missus has not taken it well that both of her babies have or about to leave the nest. It must be very strange for a mum.....in my case, the dad is out at work for the majority of the time they are growing up, but Mum is there practically all the time ( especially as she workes at their junior school!)

Looks like lots of support and sympathy required now.#

:cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports