Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

S, H and R Bus Service

Regency Gull

Jul 14, 2003
Shoreham by Sea
Sorry if this has been mentioned - I am sure it has - but the bus service just isn't right yet.

I usually get the S bus, but have also got the R bus a number of times. Friday I was stood in a queue for the R looking at a long line of S bus customers also waiting. I know evening matches are different and people left earlier as we had won well but there are some simple changes which will make the service better.

The S bus should not stop on the way home until Fox Way, Dean Close. too many people get on it just to get off in Coldean or Withdean - they have alternative services to us - living in Shoreham I don't. It shouldn't stop at the Grenadier either - there is an H service for that. Judging by the number of people who get on the bus to come to the match there are more than enough people from beyond the Grenadier to justify the service

The road junction at the exit of the stadium needs to managed better - the lights leave far too must congestion in the stadium. If you want to make people get on buses you have to get them off site quickly. Close the road heading south from Rottingdean and get the buses out.

Lastly - the lane closures on the A27 on Friday night were a nightmare - couldn't somebody have co-ordinated the activity to make it a night when X thousand people weren't leaving a football match.

Thanks for listening

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Having discussed this with the club's transport manager, the first thing I should point out is that these specials are supplementary services to the normal bus services around the city.

There is not the capacity to start running different routes/queues for these services.

With regard to the lights, these are managed by Sussex Police and they do the best job possible job.

Lane closure was due to emergency barrier check after a collision, nothing major just a bump but the Highways Agency still need to check the barrier is safe and not damaged too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here