Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ryder cup 2018.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Great stuff.

Keep it up, maybe freshen up the pairings tomorrow.

A Fleetwood/McIlroy combo should produce an albatross or two.
I don't think he should mess with the Fleetwood/Molinari and Poults/Rory partnerships. At all.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Listening to R5, it sounds like Furyk is having mare. Their best foursomes pairing is Speith and Reid, but Speith has said does not want to play with Reid, so they don't play. Simpson and Watson are rubbish at foursomes but yet they play together. One of the commentators said they watched Mickleson on the practice range yesterday for 20 minutes and he did not hit one decent shot, yet Furyk picks him for foursomes. Bizarre. Let's hope he carries on having a shocker.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Listening to R5, it sounds like Furyk is having mare. Their best foursomes pairing is Speith and Reid, but Speith has said does not want to play with Reid, so they don't play. Simpson and Watson are rubbish at foursomes but yet they play together. One of the commentators said they watched Mickleson on the practice range yesterday for 20 minutes and he did not hit one decent shot, yet Furyk picks him for foursomes. Bizarre. Let's hope he carries on having a shocker.
Poor Jim. This is still one of my favourite Ryder Cup moments. From the 2012 "miracle"....

https://youtu.be/PqCe0khXcZ4

[emoji23]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sat fourballs:

Rory and Garcia v Koepka and Finau
Casey and Hatten v Johnson and Fowler
Molinari and Fleetwood v Woods and Reid
Poulter and Rahm v Speith and Thomas
Really? I thought Tiger was having back problems again and wasn't likely to play tomorrow.

That's surprising.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
McIlroy hits one of the best shots ever (according to R5Live anyway), Poulter holes the birdie putt. 3UP.
Fleetwood and Molinary now 4up.

So 3up, 3up, 5up, 4up. Not bad

I forgot how much I love Poulter in a Ryder cup. Think Pearce or Butcher in an England shirt!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So in the singles, who will they put against woods?

I think Rose and macilroy will go up against Dj and speith respectively, but maybe stennson against woods.

Woods looks shot this morning and Mikelson was really dreadful. almost as bad as I played today :-(

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
So in the singles, who will they put against woods?

I think Rose and macilroy will go up against Dj and speith respectively, but maybe stennson against woods.

Woods looks shot this morning and Mikelson was really dreadful. almost as bad as I played today :-(

They don't get to choose. He will probably end up playing the lowest ranked European and losing. Again.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought the captains choose who they play

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I can see thinking behind giving people a rest, Rose will be back in the afternoon fresh in the foursomes. The squad is there to use, I seem to remember last time out Stenson was left out until the singles and understandably played crap because he hadn't been on the course in 3 days.

At the end of the day if we lose the session Bjorn will be criticised and if we win they'll call him a genius, it's standard for any manager.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I forgot how much I love Poulter in a Ryder cup. Think Pearce or Butcher in an England shirt!
He's my favourite player. Not the best, not the most talented, has worked his arse off to achieve what he has and he absolutely LOVES beating the Americans. He uses the passion to raise his game.

He's the reverse of Tiger when it comes to Ryder Cup success vs natural, individual talent. You'd want Poulter on your team every time.

They mentioned that Bjorn probably partnered Rory with him this afternoon as Poulter was the most likely to be able to get him playing some decent stuff again (after having a mare this morning). And it clearly worked.

Poulter's record in the competition is unbelievable.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They only choose the order, they don't know what the other captain has chosen.

You're spending too much time on the course, if you sat on your Arse in front of the telly all day you'd know this #realgolfer :jester:
Exactly. I am utterly shit at golf but I'm brilliant at spending three days sat in front of the TV, drinking beer and enhancing my knowledge about every intricacy of the tournament.

In fact, better than that, I watched loads of the stuff that they did in the build up, particularly the endless reruns of 2012 from every player's perspective. Leaving the house was not an option.

These jokers who actually go outside and play sport need to pipe down. It's us pissed up couch potatoes who know what's what.

**** you Danny Murphy. #neverplayedthegame [emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here