Ryder Cup 2006

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Still 8 days away, but the first blow has been struck!

At the World Matchplay event at Wentworth today, Woods went out in the first round 4 & 3 to another yank, and Robert Karlsson who is in the European side beat Number 2 in the world Jim Furyk 4 & 3!

Can't wait for next Friday. :D:smokin: :smokin:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
bloody hell

Woods is not a matchplay player by trade....more a grinder as was Faldo

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Me too. I was at Oakland Hills in 2004, and it was amongst the best sport I've ever watched live. Absolute quality.

At the prizegiving they played all the relevant European anthems, so about 1000 English and Irish blokes singing DA DA DA DA, etc, with great gusto to the German , French , Spanish, etc anthems as well as our own. They also played the European anthem. For those who didn't know there was one, it is the music they play as the TV goes to ads during the Champions league games.

Then they played the yank one so we all sang that too; LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, In the la-and of the free, and the home of the brave, LA LA LA LA LA, etc. They weren't really singing, having been royally SPANKED, so we did it for them!

Absolutle marvellous scenes.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Casey looks in fine form as well after giving the Goose a good beating today:clap2: :clap2:

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Yeah, Casey had a cracker. Goosen is a tough player to beat. Looking very promising for next week! That weekend is going to be 100% golf as far as I am concerned!

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Very distracted by the cricket at the mo, but this weekend will be a cracker with the Ryder Cup kicking off tomorrow.

Got the day off and with a few of the guys from work, going to watch the golf all day long! (ok maybe a lot of flicking between Sky Sports 1 and 2!)

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hans kraay fan club said:
They also played the European anthem. For those who didn't know there was one, it is the music they play as the TV goes to ads during the Champions league games.
No WAY can that be the "European anthem".
How can Europes anthem have some posh choir singing a load of incomprehensible gobbledegook that ends in them saying "The Championnnnnnnnnnns".

Shurely shome mishtake.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the Europeans should come out to something that represents the EU, such as 'Da Da Da' by Trio

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Easy 10 said:
No WAY can that be the "European anthem".
How can Europes anthem have some posh choir singing a load of incomprehensible gobbledegook that ends in them saying "The Championnnnnnnnnnns".

I can but tell you what they played, Mr Ten. We didn't really care. We had downed one or two ales at that point.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd love to see those golfers cavorting around to 1983 Euro holiday romance classic "Dolce Vita" by Ryan Paris.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hans kraay fan club said:
I can but tell you what they played, Mr Ten. We didn't really care. We had downed one or two ales at that point.
As will be my intention this weekend. I have also taken tomrrow off work to watch this fine sporting spectacle (hurricane permitting)

:drink:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Golf would be a much more enjoyable sport if they made the ball bigger , swapped the holes for goals and used there feet instead of those er er sticks

the word paint dry instantly springs to mind. Yet another sport that drags on and on and bloody on :angry:

apart from that I hope the septics get turned over

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
El Presidente said:
Surely the Europeans should come out to something that represents the EU, such as 'Da Da Da' by Trio

Or some hideous Europop like 'Blue' by Eiffel 65 or some other assorted crap like Scooter, or DJ Alligator 'Blow My Whistle Bitch'

I bet that would go down a storm at the opening ceremony.

McShane79

Oct 20, 2005
Worthing
Pairings announced for tomorrow mornings fourballs match:

1. Colin Montgomerie & Padraig Harrington vs Tiger Woods & Jim Furyk

2. Paul Casey & Robert Karlsson vs Stewart Cink & JJ Henry

3. Sergio Garcia & Jose Maria Olazabal vs David Toms & Brett Wetterich

4. Lee Westwood & Darren Clarke vs Phil Mickleson & Chris DiMarco

Bring it on!!!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
COME ON MONTY!! Can't wait for this!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'll be there on Sunday :clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Golf would be more interesting if Happy Gilmore was playing, other than that it is top of the yawn-fests for me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1. Colin Montgomerie & Padraig Harrington vs Tiger Woods & Jim Furyk - EUROPE

2. Paul Casey & Robert Karlsson vs Stewart Cink & JJ Henry - EUROPE

3. Sergio Garcia & Jose Maria Olazabal vs David Toms & Brett Wetterich - EUROPE

4. Lee Westwood & Darren Clarke vs Phil Mickleson & Chris DiMarco - USA

Accumulator for that comes out at 15/1. Chucked a fiver on, COME ON !

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The coverage starts aat 7am on sky, this has got to be one of the greatest sporting events ever, in my opinion, and in 4 years time its coming to little old wales not far from where i live !!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

COME ON EUROPE !!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports