Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryanair/Michael O'Leary's sense of humour

Go to the Ryanair home page http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/ and halfway down click on the link New Airport Security Restrictions - Putting the Fun Back Into Flying

Not work safe he quickly added, although you would have a good excuse

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Why has he covered up all the cocks and fannies?

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I really cant stand cheap budget airlines they reallly really suck. The last straw for me was when everyone started pushing and shoving for seats on an easyjet flight and I once went on.

I now fly BA. I dont care that I have to pay an extra £30.00 because at least I am guaranteed a decent check in, a proper allocated seat and meal, sorry to be a snob but cheap budget airlines suck.

That ryanair website just about sums it up. The site look so unproffesional.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Have found you get a 'booked' seat on FlyThompson,BmiBaby and Monarch. However MyLite-Travel was a free for all.:ohmy: :albion:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
adrian29uk said:

Its significantly easier to book a flight on it than on BA's site, though. Aesthetics are not everything.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Michael O'Leary and his band of cock-juggling incompetents are about as funny as a plane crash. I would never fly Chav Air again. Nor SleezyJet, come to that. Hope they both go bust.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
MYOB - You are talking complete crap.

BAs site is excellent - I have booked and flown at least a dozen times in the past six months with them and every time spot on. On line check in is superb as well - you can arrive less than an hour brfore your flight leaves.

Booking early with BA is the key - you can get flights to Athens next July for less than £70 with BA - that's in the school holidays as well

They also give you drink on board, a meal and now Ryanair and Easy jet I believe are trying to charge to put their suitcase in the hold. Tossers.

Disagree with Bry Nylon though - I don't want them bust - they are responsible for bringing the price of flights down, but I would never fly with them.

Minghawk

Jul 5, 2003
only experience with ryan air is that they cancelled my wife's flight home with no notice (and after continually saying delayed for 2 hours before finally cancelling it),

then got into heathrow at 3am with all the taxi ranks empty - didn't want to help her sort out a taxi - completely unhelpful

bunch of twats - don't care about peoples safety, just want to make as much money as possible

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
adrian29uk said:
I really cant stand cheap budget airlines they reallly really suck. The last straw for me was when everyone started pushing and shoving for seats on an easyjet flight and I once went on.

I now fly BA. I dont care that I have to pay an extra £30.00 because at least I am guaranteed a decent check in, a proper allocated seat and meal, sorry to be a snob but cheap budget airlines suck.

BA no longer serve meals on most short haul flights. No real loss there but they have replaced the meal with a bag of bird seed with your drink.

Oh and if you paid me I wouldn't go on that shitheads Irish Airline btw, Easyjet are 1st class in comparison

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Icy Gull said:
BA no longer serve meals on most short haul flights. No real loss there but they have replaced the meal with a bag of bird seed with your drink.

In the short haul flight's ive had in the past 2 weeks they have served a meal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
DAMANCLAY said:
In the short haul flight's ive had in the past 2 weeks they have served a meal.

You must have got lucky or been on a morning flight as it appears that is the one meal they still provide?

BA economy class

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
adrian29uk said:

That ryanair website just about sums

Viva cheap airlines, thanks to Ryan air and Sleezy jet as someone called them (have you considered stand up comedy?) in the last couple of years have seen facinating cities and quality football and stadia, with matches inc Stockholm, Real Madrid, Barca,Lazio, Farencevaros,Sparta Prague, PSG and Besiktas and even had a We Want Falmer banner hanging over the second tier of the San Siro as Brescia beat Inter 3-1 a couple o seasons back all this for never more than about £30 quid each way max. so enjoy your check in and your reheated puke and your delays (never had one over 45 min) Iknow who I vote for

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Some of the no-frills fly to places that nobody else is interested in. I fly to Valladolid fairly frequently - this used to mean flying to Madrid, my least favourite airport, then a three hour coach or two hour train journey, (having crossed Madrid on the tube with baggage) to get there.

Since Ryannair started flying directly to Valladolid from Stansted, I can now fly to an airport which is fifteen minutes' drive from the house for £20 return.

They have their place, for sure.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Cheap airlines are a case of you get what you paid for. I worked in the airlione industry for a good few years but tat was before the so called budget airlines. I am still in touch though. Easyjet are pretty good by and large but I have really not heard anything good about Ryanair. They seem to have cut their cots by having a non existant Customer Service. I wouldn't fly with them.

Usually its my company that pays my for tickets and this weekend I get to sample my first Middle East airline, should be interesting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
bhaexpress said:

Usually its my company that pays my for tickets and this weekend I get to sample my first Middle East airline, should be interesting.

If you are flying Qatar or Emirates, the service will be first class. Don't know the others.

I lived in Dubai for six years and we nearly always flew Cathay Pacific. Top, top quality airline, as is Malaysian. Most US / UK airlines are shit in comparison, as generally the staff have forgotten that they are there for your benefit and comfort.

Don't even get me started on Air France.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here