Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Simmonds

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was fairly sure this guy was a midfielder. Fairly sure he played against my cousin when I was up there so I'll try and ask him if knows anything about the kid.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
On offical site now.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Was fairly sure this guy was a midfielder. Fairly sure he played against my cousin when I was up there so I'll try and ask him if knows anything about the kid.

Article says he's a striker, going into the development squad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Addition to the development squad,
Striker,

My lad watches villa and from his description he is a second striker a la Holroyd or Baz rather than a target man, From what he could remember (not much) he wasn't overly impressive but they have a fantastic youth set up and can let kids go who we would rave about.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This whole development squad idea really impresses me. We are becoming a seriously professional club.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seems like a very astute signing.

- Simmonds scored 13 in 26 for the second best youth team in the land last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He's actually a left winger although he has played games up front.

thought he was.... seemed to remember hes got a high PA on FM2010

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have we actuallyhad any recent sucesses signing players from non-league teams recently? Dixon and Holroyd don't seem to be good examples to date.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Have we actuallyhad any recent sucesses signing players from non-league teams recently? Dixon and Holroyd don't seem to be good examples to date.
Don't see what that's got to do with a player signing from Aston Villa...

Alex Revell was decent, and we made a good profit on him. We also made a profit on Nathan Elder somehow.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009

Holroyd's not even had a year yet, lets see how he'll do on loan, hopefully score a few and come good when he returns.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Isn't it just a fancy name for the Reserves?

Reserves says to me "players who could make it in a lower league first team but are our back up"

Devleopment squad says "team of young, promising players who have got what it takes with some good coaching to be stars"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here